The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 1200 was the closest to 70 80 but its amazing how it pulls away from the bikes.

Thats just outstanding! my uncle has got an 1100ZZR which frankly trounces me (not that I expect to keep up) but I still think my TT is quick....the difference between what I see as a fast car (my sup) and the capability of your beast is amazing - the power is incomprehensable (im even making up new words) ! the mind boggles

it pains me to write this Jun R1 has failed., cars done 5000 miles and around 1600 on 1011bhp..

the engine has failed last night... oil light came on and i tried to switch it off as soon as possible.

oil and coolant just poured out of the crack on block..

(i was physically sick and drained when i got home)

it appears the block has cracked (which was my concern futher back in the thread)..

thats 5-6 cars now with true big power breaking the block through the amount of torque....

the sad thing is at 1000 bhp and the revs trying to save the engine was almost impossible..

i was hoping for it not to be as bad as last time, but it appears of similar damage..

last time there was no warning just BANG, this time the oil pressure light come and and i switched it off ASAP but sadly not fast enough..

just dont know what to do now...REALLY GUTTED

sell the car as it is or stick a stock engine in the car...

but i have a build box and diff.. uprated fuels system and awesome turbo kit + other stuff..

i have emailed JUN and hopefully they can help out..

if not its a long road back for me..

through all this i guess a highlight is experiencing a true 1000 bhp car albeit for 1600 miles. (simple awesome)

just dont know what to do now but 1000bhp on these alumimiun block wont last... i have done 50 hard pulls... (if it was a drag car maybe it would of done me a few seasons)..

totally devastated.

Gutted for you!! my friends is on his 3 block in his R34 and that was only pushing out 730 but soon 1000, it will pop again!

If money was no object I would rebuild but if you are like the rest of us ; I would just bite the bullet and go back to stock,

I dont think you can do anything with a weak block unless it was redesigned :(

I REALLY feel for you Jurgen. You must have spent a fortune in time and money on this. I have to say I am not surprised by this news though. A THOUSAND horsepower + is a huge amount of power, the loadings on everything must be massive. Production block castings were never meant to take those sorts of loadings, and modern thin wall lightweight alloy blocks must be especially lacking in reserves of strength. I don't know what to say, I can only imagine how you must feel. Financially you could strip the engine, get the crank, rods and pistons digitised and sell some kits of your own based on your own sourced parts. I did think of suggesting this to you when you posted all those photos of expensive looking bits, but I think the block came assembled? Just an idea to get SOMETHING back from this disaster. Chin up, you tried and did a great job, but they were some seriously big numbers you were playing with there!

Really gutted for you mate.... I know some of the love, time and effort that you have put in this car and to see it crack the block is simply devasting :( I'm hoping you don't get rid of it and try and keep on going.. I'm sure 800 would be still lively and reliable.

I guess a cast iron block would be very pricey but a solution to your problem...Take it easy Matey..See you tommorow