The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am sure it will be for sale some day ;-)

Well, my plan is to wait until around this time next year when they have come down a little more in the second hand market. They are all £40k+ at the moment. The cheapest I've seen is £39k, but that just seems too cheap right now. I assume that £39k would be a fair price next year though. I know your car will be worth well more than that however.

• 4 weeks later...

Small update..

Engine is fully ran in and drives very nice..

last week i decided to take my car to a show (it won x2 trophies Best in show and Best performance)..

So really happy with that..

those with a Keen eye will notice my new greddy Oil cap and some stance on my wheels.

i think this really gives the car a better look..

here is the pics from the show..

This week we decided to change the ID2000 and fit a set of ID1600 with T1 fuel rail - am just waiting to get these of T1 racing and we will be fitting them..

in the mean time we fitted the AMS Alpha fuel system to the car and what a nightmare to fit but surely worth it..

lack of pics as this kit was not the easiest to fit in tank.

so whats left to do..

Fit the gearbox and differential parts and also new Driveshafts and we can start to tune some power to it.

a big concern of mine at the moment is that AMS and SPE are cracking the blocks with so much torque running 1200hp 1000 trq .

the blocks are cracking and spilling water..

however my car has the wet sleeve kit which Jun are currently testing at 1200hp and over 1100 trq and they are supposed to be more effecient than dry sleeve.

so am really not sure if am going to RISK the car to silly power..

might opt fto 950-1000bhp and 800-850 trq..

They make a nice difference, looks very tough, is the gearbox mod hard to do?

yep nightmare mate 10 clutches to fit and shim etc etc big press and pullers needed , my top guy chris only works on saturdays so his time is very limited which will mean my car will take for ever to finish the box.

so i might have to outsource it..not really keen on doing this like.

a big concern of mine at the moment is that AMS and SPE are cracking the blocks with so much torque running 1200hp 1000 trq .

the blocks are cracking and spilling water..

however my car has the wet sleeve kit which Jun are currently testing at 1200hp and over 1100 trq and they are supposed to be more effecient than dry sleeve.

so am really not sure if am going to RISK the car to silly power..

might opt fto 950-1000bhp and 800-850 trq..

How long are those blocks lasting at that power level before they crack?...

How long are those blocks lasting at that power level before they crack?...

SP Engineering and Greddy USA has been testing and pushing the limits on the VR38DETT platform since it's debut. Using our very own GTR, our road to a full weight street driven 8 seconds has been a challenge.

Testing various motor combinations we have achieved an estimated 1200+ AWHP and 1050+ TQ. There is definitely more power our GODZILLA package can produce, but we may have found a few limitations to the V6 aluminum block which we are currently looking into.

We rented a private track for test and tune at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on May 7, 2011 and brought out 2 GTR's (Greddy/SPE). A total of 4 consecutive runs were done and have managed to achieve 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4 QTR mile times with trap speeds of 160 MPH. Our VBOX has managed to log 60-130 MPH times of 3.6 - 3.9.

In cabin video of our SPE GTR......

This has ended our test and tune session in Las Vegas Motor Speedway and will return shortly.

Resized to 92% (was 900 x 601) - Click image to enlarge

Resized to 92% (was 900 x 572) - Click image to enlarge

After weeks of investigation, we have confirmed the initial reasoning of this was due to a hair line crack located on the aluminum block from the torque we have produced on our Godzilla package. Boost pressure around 33psi towards the end of the track has caused coolant/water to spray out from the block.

SPE and Greddy USA will have more updated information shortly as we have more developments on the VR38DETT platform. I assure you this is not the end of our journey.

That's some consistent times. Would be great to see a UK road spec GTR break into the 8's first :)

These R35 GTR's seem like the new Supra's, so much potential for big power. Will the wet sleeves be able to bullet proof the block at that power? If they can, it really is an immense setup you have Jurgen

Whats the wet sleeves thing about?

the wet sleeves keep water in bewteen the sleeves and block it reduces heat to block.. it does cost more but when i got JUN to build my block i decided to go for it JUST IN CASE..

and as of the data thats coming out its been a worthy decision..

when i drive and give it some my water temps are 69 degrees which is pretty good cooling..

the wet sleeves keep water in bewteen the sleeves and block it reduces heat to block.. it does cost more but when i got JUN to build my block i decided to go for it JUST IN CASE..

and as of the data thats coming out its been a worthy decision..

when i drive and give it some my water temps are 69 degrees which is pretty good cooling..

yep pretty good times, i just dont want to risk my car to make a full street trim and weight 8 sec pass.. i will maybe just opt to do mid 9s reliably instead of very low 9s.

until a soloution is found but JUN is now going to test the wet sleeve blocks to see what they can take.

That's some consistent times. Would be great to see a UK road spec GTR break into the 8's first :)

These R35 GTR's seem like the new Supra's, so much potential for big power. Will the wet sleeves be able to bullet proof the block at that power? If they can, it really is an immense setup you have Jurgen

am not sure if the wet sleeves will be the answer but it certainly helps.

am glad i chosed them

yep pretty good times, i just dont want to risk my car to make a full street trim and weight 8 sec pass.. i will maybe just opt to do mid 9s reliably instead of very low 9s.

until a soloution is found but JUN is now going to test the wet sleeve blocks to see what they can take.

Hopefully they get some positive results with them. A mid 9 second full trim road car is an awesome feat anyhow

am not sure if the wet sleeves will be the answer but it certainly helps.

am glad i chosed them

Yup, always best to be safe than sorry... Especially when spending so much!

Sounds like wet sleeves was a good mod then, i cracked the block on my last supra engine.

I think you are a brave man, if i kill a short block its no big deal really, cheapish and easy to change, not so with a 4.0L Jun GTR.

I wish you the best of luck with it mate, i just know its going to be devastatingly fast:cool:

Sounds like wet sleeves was a good mod then, i cracked the block on my last supra engine.

I think you are a brave man, if i kill a short block its no big deal really, cheapish and easy to change, not so with a 4.0L Jun GTR.

I wish you the best of luck with it mate, i just know its going to be devastatingly fast:cool:

thats it mate the 2jz block is easy enough to replace and source but if i knack this block then its game over..

thats why i think i will de tune the car.. it will be plenty fast anyhow but those low 9s and high 8s might be just dreams now.