The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dell XPS1710 Gaming Laptop

mawby

I've had this laptop for a couple of years now. It was top of the range when I got it and is still very powerful in laptop terms. I don't use it for gaming any more; its primary use this year has been doing the forum upgrade testing. That was until the graphics card died a few weeks ago. I finally got around to getting that fixed this week and it's now time for it to go to a new home. The laptop is in excellent condition with no marks on the screen and only one very minor scratch on the case next to the keyboard.

The machine comes with :-

2GHz Intel Core2 Duo

4GB 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Memory

160GB HDD

512MB Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX Graphics Card

17" Wide VXGA 1920x1200 Screen

Built-in audio, modem, Intel Wireless Card and Bluetooth

DVD Recorder

SD/MMC-ms/Pro-xD Memory Card Reader

Windows XP Disc

Windows Vista Disc (best used as a coaster if you ask me)

Akasa Laptop Cooler

A load of discs, cables, manuals, CD case, other stuff which came with the laptop.

I will need to securely wipe the machine before it goes but I will install XP and get it fully updated if the buyer wants. If you want Vista installed... well you'll have the disc. :p I've had Windows 7 installed on it before and that worked great but I don't have a copy I can sell with the laptop.

I've had a look an ebay and can find lesser spec'd machines for around the £500 mark, so that's what I'm asking for this. That includes delivery.

I can vouch for the quality of this laptop. One of my mates back in the US has one and has had it since they first came out with this model. He has had many desktops fail and several laptops but this one seems to have stood the test of time!

100 cash from an old mate....... ;)

150 cash from a new one........;)

Sorry guys, I could sell the graphics card alone on ebay for that sort of money. What about £450 delivered? (Go on, you know you want to :))

Sorry guys, I could sell the graphics card alone on ebay for that sort of money. What about £450 delivered? (Go on, you know you want to :))

will be spending that on a new exhaust system for the Aristo, Lee

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't. I shied away from ebay after reading many of the horror stories of buyers telling Paypal the item doesn't work and them just giving them their money back!

The laptop is currently being used for forum-hacking investigations but once that is finished it will just sit there collecting dust again.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.