The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OIL spill

jagman

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the casing wouldn't have moved if it had of been cemented, i'm hearing various things at the moment, not looking good for bp

Cementing is generally not as good as you might instinctively think - huge voids and channels can surround it everywhere compromising almost everything if the errors stack up against you.

Cementing is generally not as good as you might instinctively think - huge voids and channels can surround it everywhere compromising almost everything if the errors stack up against you.

i think this is why schlum wanted to run a cbl but were refused. From what i'm told they then asked to be removed from the rig.

I think there were some major short cuts made to save a few hours rig time...! I dont think that company man will be drilling any more wells...! lol

I am doing that exact job right now on an exploration well just like them..! lol but we are not going to displace it water instead we are leaving WBM and not till we've got 2 500ft plugs an EZSV retainter and another 100ft plug on top of that...!

i think this is why schlum wanted to run a cbl but were refused. From what i'm told they then asked to be removed from the rig.

I've heard several different stories now about various balls ups along the way - I guess whoever turned that suggestion down could end up looking a little silly now.

Personally I am amazed at how the drilling industry actually operates, I know they say hindsight is 20:20 but some of the stuff that goes on seems ludicrous given the money that is at stake.

No matter how "expert" the oil industry thinks it is, when dealing with the forces of nature,you can always be beat!

Plonking things in the sea bed , beyond human reach is never going to be 100% reliable

,but the world needs oil!!

If the following investigation were along air crash investigation lines the exact cause would be found, but I suspect there will be the mother of all coverups here- a blame free result and much finger pointing,

The MI mud engineer on here has the drilling report written by the CoMan on the rig for the last 48hrs before it blew up..! That is how I now that the CMT job finished only 16hrs prior..!

Any chance at all of a sneaky peek if I gave you my email address?

No matter how "expert" the oil industry thinks it is, when dealing with the forces of nature,you can always be beat!

Plonking things in the sea bed , beyond human reach is never going to be 100% reliable

,but the world needs oil!!

If the following investigation were along air crash investigation lines the exact cause would be found, but I suspect there will be the mother of all coverups here- a blame free result and much finger pointing,

Have a look here, and see them literally trying to cover it up. ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10233891.stm

Is it true that although the oil rights are owned by BP and they drilled the original well, the rig was being operated at the time by an American company and not BP themselves? If so then it seems the Brits are being cast as the bad guys again.

Is it true that although the oil rights are owned by BP and they drilled the original well, the rig was being operated at the time by an American company and not BP themselves? If so then it seems the Brits are being cast as the bad guys again.

Nothing is ever the Americans fault. How could you suggest otherwise?

I go to Florida in 3 weeks. Praying that the beaches are still beautiful.

If your'e going anywhere near Destin, the beaches will be black and smell like a fresh road. BP subcontracted operations to a couple of American companies however safety and ultimate responsibility of the rig falls upon the BP reps onsite. BP still carries ultimate responsibility which is why they are heading and paying for the "cleanup". And still as I write this 3000 gallons of oil have spewed out into the Gulf of Mexico.

BP still carries ultimate responsibility which is why they are heading and paying for the "cleanup".

I expect they are paying for the clean up for fear the US will ban them from drilling off their borders. I doubt very much it is anything to do with concern over the environment. I also doubt the outsources companies could afford to pay for it.

I am going to the Long Boat Key area :)

Long Boat Key? Better get there before the loop current take the oil through the Keys and up the east coast on the way to Europe. As of now there is a criminal investigation going on and thank god for that. We need some real blame assessed for ruining lives.

Oh, you mean like the blame assessment carried out with Union Carbide after Bhopal , where they killed a few thousand.

Remind me what they paid out :innocent:

The reality is the USA , now more than ever needs investment capital,and if companies feel they are open season for the Us lawyers in the even of being liable or culpable, they will not invest

Oil is king,business is business, people are at the low priority end of the scale ........Politics eh!!

All I know is people here are out for blood and rightfully so. BP is being held responsible for killing an entire culture and the outcome for them isnt' looking good.

Quite right too , but Americans have to consider the world outside the USA - Exxon have been spilling millions of gallons of oil in the Niger delta for years , do they give a toss about that ? or oil spills off Indonesia? again are they bothered ? US foreign policy leaves much to be desired as do the practices of its companies

BP will be the target as they will be seen as the one with money to pay,but there are US companies involved with this spill too

Obama will continue with looking good , and his soundbites ,and then the lightweight will be told what to do by the business powers -coverup coming ...

We're here in the region, man, and I've got to tell you that right now none of that has anything to do with day 47 and tens of thousands of barrels spewing into the "black sea". While there are a couple of subcontractors involved, the ultimate responsibility still rides on BP. It's BP's rig, BP's oil, and if this would have never happened, BP's profit. So rightfully so, it falls on their shoulders to make right. Meanwhile the oil is washing up on the white beaches of Pensicola. Abotu Obama, you must be thinking of Bush and the way he handled big oil. Obama has already sent criminal investigators to the crime scene, and halted offshore drilling for 6 months. A safety standown is more than warranted in this situation, and there's no end in sight.

And as far as Tony Hayward saying that he wants his life back, I couldn't imagine anything more crass, hurtful, and ignorant. Tell that to the 11 folks who died on that rig and their families. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of people who rely on the summer season to survive the year. What an ass.