The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J spec 1998 VVT-i Full Suspension Set.

Pudsey

I will have for sale with the next two days my suspension system for sale.

It currently resides on my factory original 1998 Jspec VVT-i Twin Turbo.

The suspension is in excellent condition, and my car has been very well looked after in Japan and I am the first owner in the UK.

Imported in March 2009.

The car hasn't been driven in the rain, and was stored all over the winter. I have only driven 3,300 miles in the car since buying it.

Clock says 71,000 miles from new.

The is (NOT A REAS Suspension System - I HAVE NOW BEEN INFORMED)!!!!!!!!!

Although my car was manufactured in 1998 (middle of onward), it doesnt have the system.

Pictures will follow: -

This is just the fronts, will have pictures of the rears and they will be all off tomorrow fingers crossed.

I will only sell the whole kit together, includes factory original spring set too.

NB: If you cannot collect you will pay the postage, and also the Pay Pal fees if you decide to pay that way.

Many Thanks for looking ;)

How much?

Hi there Dan,

I reckon £62.50 a corner should be about right as its in excellent order, will get some pictures up shortly.

That will make it £250 for the full set Shocks and Springs, got to be a bargain surely.

Many Thanks..........

When the car was sold to me they told me that it had REAS Suspension.

As all the newer cars come with it.

If I am wrong then I have been mis informed, but even so if it isn't its still a bargian, so the price won't be changing.

Plus the pictures are there for all to see, so guess you make your own minds up.

But thanks for raising it, the buyer might change his mind and I would hate to selll something advertised incorrectly.

So thanks for the heads up.........

REAS was only fitted as standard on 97.09+ RZ and SZ-R models. I don't think it was available even as an option on other models. As has already been mentioned, the shocks are red and there is an oil line that comes off and joins to a central control reservoir/piston (makes it very tricky to remove/service).

Hope that helps.

Only 2000 on may have been standard. Option on everything previous.

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=383&highlight=REAS

that will explain all.

The VAST majority of 97 to 99 cars i have seen have been non REAS.

I am picking up a REAS system later today will take pics and post if you like.

Great link!

I have an original brochure for the Supra that coincides with the release of the VVTi engine on the TT - September 1997. OK, the text is all in Japanese but there's one of those feature comparison tables that clearly shows that REAS is standard on the 'top' manual models only and not available as an option on other models. I guess it could have changed later but I've never seen that.

REAS is rare but that's because 1997.09+ RZ and SZ-R cars are pretty scarce even in Japan - RZ-S and SZ models are far more common (presumably because they were considerably cheaper when new). Even on pukka cars the REAS is often missing now because it's so expensive to repair (official service manuals suggest you can replace one side once, after that you have to change the pair together) so often replaced with a standard/after-market set-up.

It would be great to see some pictures of your new system. From what I have read, I would suggest that when refitting only split the hoses at the built in check-valves and ensure that both sides are fitted before loading the suspension.

No

Haha!

You sir are an enigma wrapped in a conundrum!

But I really don't give a shit because it was great to meet you, I had a smile on my face the whole way home from the spin in the Datsun GTR;). I now know what it must feel like to be shot from a cannon, epic!

Hi there due to the confusion reference the REAS.

The kits is now back up for sale.

Apologies, and could a MOD change the title for me please.

I thought it was REAS, but never thought to question at the time on purchasing the car it was in such good condition I didn't care.

Currently have interest from a European buyer, he just needs to arrange postage costs etc, and will be getting back to me.

So be quick if you want it, front is now off rear to follows later tonight.

Many Thanks for the information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.