The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nickelback

Tourniquet

I just wondered what peoples oppinions were of Nickelback and why ?!?!? Reason being I fookin love them and think they are what's missing from modern rock stars and bands. They seem to get a slating from alot of people and I genuinely don't understand it. I know they do alot of commercial singles but that isn't down to them that's the record company wanting to release them. That is also something I don't understand as I think they're on Road Runner and if Im correct that's the same label as Slipknott so how can they be worried bout being too rocky ?!?!? They must see them as their cash cow and want as much air play for them as possible !!

Alot of my friends thought the same way bout Nickelback but after hearing what their albums are like and seeing them live they have changed their opinions big time. They are all about rock n roll the way it should be, the odd ballad or more mainstream sounding song that gets on ALWAYS get's released and to be honest if fookin annoys me because unless you're already a fan and own their albums you don't know what a truly great band they are.

The opening song from the latest album Dark Horse wasn't released in the UK as it was deamed to racey for us (fcuk nuggets!) and it's one of their best! Chad actually had to fight for Burn It To The Ground which is their latest offering and it effing rocks and hopefully has started to show peole that they haven't grown balls finally but they always had them and have now flopped them out for us to enjoy...so to speak :blink:

To finish my presentation I would like to call on the evidence of their live shows. Now Nickelback aren't my favourite band out of them all BUT they are my favourite live act and I've seen alot of them. With the exception of Michael Jackson who's live shows are in a different league of amazingness which is un-arguable these guys do the lot. Crowd participation, humour, time to chat, gifts, PYRO-EFFIN-TECHNICS galore, blinding rock music and just a general fun 'big pub band' attitude it never fails to deliver. When they supported Bon Jovi I couldn't have been happier than to see both bands in one night. I wouldn't want them to support Disturbed or the Knot who I adore also but for what they are I think they rule.

Although over-played I think Rockstar was a stroke of genius and for those who aren't convinced may I present evidence articles A-J for you to choose from. Check these out on You Tube to see what you're missing before condemming them :D

A- Because Of You. B- Something In Your Mouth.

C. Just To Get High. D- Burn It To The Ground.

E- Too Bad. F- Animals.

G- Side Of A Bullet. H- Feelin Way Too Damn Good

I- Figured You Out. J- Sex

Enjoy and bring on the debate if you dare disagree with me :D :d

I quite like Nickelback, even if Chad does look like Jesus :D

The trouble is, all the songs they seem to choose for singles sound exactly the same, insomuch as you can sing other lyrics by them over the riffs, even the tempos seem to be the same (maybe it's just me??)

The other songs on their albums aren't half bad, he does know how to write a good melody, even if he repeats the formula over the rest of the albums.

The only other thing that annoys me was that I was into them when they had The State out, then they got famous. Doesn't happen so much nowadays with bands cos of the internet being so prevalent for releasing songs etc, but you thought of felt 'exclusive' when you were into a band that not a lot of people had heard of

GIT lol. There had to be one.

Is that due to the choice of singles or dyu know the majority of their stuff and still think it blows dude ?

Mostly down to the singles - which means I'm not going to buy their albums :)

If their fans have to run around saying "I know the singles are a bit cheesey, but seriously check out their other stuff..." well I think that says - stay away. ;)

Perhaps I'm missing out? Don't get me wrong. The man has a voice. The band can play. It's just....naff.

Maybe if I was a bit younger etc...but I'm not :D

Actually, just seen Redm's view...

Thanks for the invitation to share but that old adage "if you can't say something good then don't say anything" really applies here.

Utter f**king toss. Doh!

....quite so.

Mostly down to the singles - which means I'm not going to buy their albums :)

If their fans have to run around saying "I know the singles are a bit cheesey, but seriously check out their other stuff..." well I think that says - stay away. ;)

Perhaps I'm missing out? Don't get me wrong. The man has a voice. The band can play. It's just....naff.

Maybe if I was a bit younger etc...but I'm not :D

Actually, just seen Redm's view...

....quite so.

That's exactly my point though mate, I think the singles are giving them a bad name so to speak as out of say 20 rocky tracks you get maybe 2/3 soppy ones and they always get released instead of the good stuff !

Familiarity is everything with albums and if you give them one listen then you'll never really get into anything. FWIW, I've got all the Nickelback albums and some of their stuff is fantastic. You have got to "like" that type of music though.

I think Chad has a great voice and the vast majority of the songs are very catchy and should be given at least two or three listens before you make an informed decision.

Everyone to their own though, there are some people who have told me to listen to drum and bass as it's great.......sounds like mindless shit to me, hey ho..!!

H.

I like Nicklelback, i have a few albums. I prefer the earlier stuff though. Im a huge Guns n Roses fan, Aerosmith, Metallica, ACDC, Queen, Jimi Hendrix. etc etc

IMO you will never get Bands like that again. I have read some acticles from these bands and they said once there gone there will be no Real Real Rock bands left

The thing thats gets me with some of these new rock bands, there is hardly any good solos!

All rock songs has to have a intro, huge Solo, Big ending lol

into metal really, metallica anthrax slayer megadeth slipknot etc. Love gigs and seen nickelback at sheff arena lart may. Great live. Couple of vids i did from the gig on my youtube

Edit: copied the vids here..... of all the 11 gigs I went last year Nickelback at the Sheffield Arena was the most packed...a pain to cam ;) Chad works the crowd real good, a great frontman

Because of you

4orElZNHp28

photogragh

-hgOiKmkAJ0

Curb is an excellent album, silverside up was there 1st mainstream album and it was even better than curb and long road is on a level plain with silverside up after that i dont think any there music, really compares, it not as good as the original material

i listen to nickelback everyday on the way to work or home from work, but im a big linkin park fan, but there gone the same direction tbh.

I LOVE Linkin Park they're great live and just on the stereo. I think the last album was just something they wanted to try because they could as the third album isn't as important as the second especially if the first is Hybrid Theory !!!

I don't dislike Minutes but I see what people are saying about some of the songs and the change in style. That said, some of the pther 'typical' LP songs like Given Up and What I've Done are some of the best they've ever done. The inro to No More Sorrow is amazing.

On the linkin park note hybrid theory, meteora and reanimation were there best work, the transformers theme tunes are good but I think because they have a purpose made them good, reanimation, points of authority is my fav song of all time

Linkin park were brilliant when Hybrid Theory came out, to me it just seemed like something so completely different to what I'm used to. They did go a bit crap, but then with the release of Minutes to Midnight they brought it all back round to the start. Given Up is classic LP (c'mon, an 18 second scream?? I don't think even Richard Patrick from Filter can scream like that, and he can scream)

Good point about Theory for a Deadman, that do sound like Nickelback, but then that is probably because they are canadian and on roadrunner :p

I suppose if you want rock-by-numbers then you can't go far wrong with Nickelback