The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lol - Politicians, eh?

Soop Dogg

Well - I don't really like it either, but the money has to come from somewhere, and in my opinion is has to come FAST, or the UK economy and the GBP will be going the way of Greece.

The longer we stand around debating where the money is going to come from, the less likely any sort of recovery to a sustainable economic model is.

Voters voting with their own wallets in mind may well be the cause of an economic collapse in the not-too-distant future.

It may be too late already! :(

If the government and councils turned off the larrr-dee-darrr aesthetic lighting on public buildings at night they'd save a fortune there.

Introduce a benefits card (that requires a fingerprint to reduce fraud) that is accepted in all shops to only buy necessities such as food and clothes (under a certain value, in other words no designer gear or bling jewelry) - no fags, no booze, no consoles, no sky subscriptions or plasma tvs etc, we'd save more money....of course we couldnt do this without first abolishing the human rights act....so it will never happen :(

How much would they save by turning off traffic lights and every other streetlight at non-peak times?

I am a firm believer that traffic lights are only there as a form of control anyway, they cause more hassle and any road you travel on when the traffic lights are down is ten fold more free flowing.

They cause congestion which wastes fuel but creates a scenario where we can then be taxed to fix it :(

Bring back roundabouts :D

I am a firm believer that traffic lights are only there as a form of control anyway, they cause more hassle and any road you travel on when the traffic lights are down is ten fold more free flowing.

They cause congestion which wastes fuel but creates a scenario where we can then be taxed to fix it :(

Bring back roundabouts :D

I agree, but roundabouts don't work cos people can't drive now - they've been overcontrolled by traffic lights and now just do as they're told on the roads rather than driving! So we end up getting stuck behind someone on a roundabout who has to wait for a 2 minute gap before they'll pull out!!

My average speed on a 40mph stretch of 3 miles with 10 sets of traffic lights is 22mph!!! How's that for helping the environment!!!