The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lol - Politicians, eh?

Soop Dogg

Immediately after the exchange she had said she would vote Labour. But after being told about his comments she said she would not.

So she approved of Labour's policies, but isn't going to vote for them because of a throwaway comment from one member (admittedly the leader) of their party? Does that mean she might vote BNP if Nick Griffin compliments her instead?

Hurray for democracy!

So she approved of Labour's policies, but isn't going to vote for them because of a throwaway comment from one member (admittedly the leader) of their party? Does that mean she might vote BNP if Nick Griffin compliments her instead?

Hurray for democracy!

its whats become of our society....

To me it just proves that private conversations should never be heard by anyone else! Snooze got a nail head-shot.

Totally agree, not great comments but shows a serious lack of policy conviction if you would change your vote on that alone.

Not a supporter of him or his party

She didnt agree with everything Labour does, she asked some awkward questions he didnt like, he put on his horrific smiling mask, made his "nice to see you" sound bite, threw in some "thank you's" to the one or two joe publics in earshot and then showed his contempt for voters with his comments to his PR in the car.

Shows politicians tell you what you want to hear, but really couldnt give a monkeys and look down on all of us.

Now he's trying to make out he's apologised and everything is warm and fuzzy again.

Double edge here....

Yes he is wrong for saying it, BUT how many times have others had conversation that if they were public would amount to something MUCH more severe....

He is just a muppet basically and did a stupid thing, media will roast him for it (and no I'm not a supporter of him either ;))

lol!!!

I think we should all be ready for a VAT increase!!

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at a hike to 21%.

21% VAT, plus a removal of exemptions (for things like food), would raise sufficient capital to balance the entire budget deficit within 4 years.

21% VAT, plus a removal of exemptions (for things like food), would raise sufficient capital to balance the entire budget deficit within 4 years.

Something people are willing to deal with? I think not.

Well - people are going to have to deal with something to fix the budget deficit. Rather something honest like this than a stealth tax or hidden cost cutting.

Taxing everybody equally on their purchases, especially unnecessary luxuries, seems, to me, to be far more fair than taxing people on monies earned, or targetting specific demographics (with, for example, fuel tax, education spending cuts, etc.).

Putting tax on essentials, like food, is a bit harsh (even for my palate), however. If they did do that, it would have to be stepped - they couldn't suddenly drop a 21% increase onto peoples' weekly grocery shop.

So a VAT hike wouldn't seem unreasonable to me - 21% is the EU average at the moment.

public money bailed out the banks ,cause they *$%cked it up in the first place ,now we got to bail out the country ,why cant we get some dosh back from the greedy *ankers

oh and brown is a lying twat :p

Parties have said they wont put VAT on things like food etc Zero rated/exempt goods but none of them have said anything about keeping the VAT at 17.5%

I'd put my money on them raising it to 20% they have got to get their money from somewhere while i agree im sure they could save alot by cutting some benefits, bonuses etc but without making significant changes to income tax can only see there being VAT left.

I for one really do hope they dont!!