The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help editing videos?

JamieP

I normally use windows movie maker, if you import the music file you want then make sure at the bottom you switch the view to "show timeline" rather "show storyboard" then you can simply drag and drop the file, if you right click on any of the files you can select to fade in and out etc, with audio or the vid files.

Also if you wanted to fade from one scene to the next, then you can click and drag over the previous clip, you'll see a like blue volume bar, the longer it is the longer the transition etc

What version of Windows are you using Jamie? If it is the older movie maker then all you do is drag and drop the MP3 file into the movie maker project timeline and it will create a channel for you. If it is the newer version, windows live movie maker, it is a bit more difficult.... as it's crap.

I use Sony Vegas to edit videos, bloody pricey though.

Just had a look at the cost out of curiosity and it is nowhere near as bad as I thought. It is an amazingly powerful bit of software too.

FWIW the pro pack isn't much better for the average user. The only thing I use is the masking feature. This allows you to mask a picture in certain area's to create your own effects. Other than that the platinum version is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Sony Vegas Pro 9, you probably don't need it for a car vid :) You can get a 'light' version for about £80 instead of £500

Also, Sony Vegas isn't the best thing to run hooky, as it needs hacking to stop it dialling home and checking for licences etc. That means someone's monkeyed with the code, so they are probably logging your credit card numbers as well :D

Post me the footage on dvd and I'll have a stab at making a vid :D I need a diversion to get more familiar with Vegas.

-Ian