The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Twin Turbo 6spd Manual J-spec

danfiftyfour

Hi everyone I unfortunately have to put my supra up for sale as my son is turning 7 and the back of a supra just isn't practical for him anymore. It kind of feels like i'm loosing an arm. lol

The car has only ever had 2 owners my self and a japanes man,

He owned it from new in japan and i have the full toyota service history for the life of the car when he owned it although it is in japanese, I've listed what modifications have been made to the car from what i can remember off hand.

The car is in great condition and has never been abused and is serviced regularly, it does the school run everyday and thats about it. The only bad points i can think of is one of the RayBrigg spotlights on the front is cracked but i have a replacment all ready ordered.

Since posting the ad the company I work for closed down Friday so selling the car has become a real priority.

So I'm open to reasonable offers.

Some where around 10000 EUR.

I think thats around 8300 GBP.

Thanks for looking everyone.

120k km

Recaro Seats

HKS full exhaust system

HKS Ssqv dump valve

HKS piggy back ecu (F-Con V-Pro) (ignition timing & fuel management system)

HKS fully adjustable shocks all round

HKS boost Gauge built into dash

Front Strutbrace

Blitz LM Intercooler (v spec) with pipework

Blitz hvac boost controller

Blitz induction kit

Blitz turbo timer

Trd clocks (320kph)

Head Lights converted to H.I.D high intensity

RayBrigg spotlights

Clifford G5 alarm and immobiliser with back up battery

Clifford IntelliStart 4 (remote control engine start)

Onboard computer with 80Gb Hdd linked to touchscreen dual screens, car has, basic tv channels, bluetooth, wireless internet, sat-nav, gps.

Media player plays both the song and video when music is selected. Two amplifers and sub with six speakers

I cant for the life of me get the pictures to upload so here's the link for imageshack to view the pictures

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/danfiftyfour/

Once again thanks for looking.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go matey! ;)

Very nice car by the way, good luck with the sale!

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108640&d=1271980003

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108641&d=1271980003

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108642&d=1271980003

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108643&d=1271980003

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108644&d=1271980003

Hi everyone I unfortunately have to put my supra up for sale as my son is turning 7 and the back of a supra just isn't practical for him anymore.

My son is 18 and 6' 2" - I still make the bugger sit in the back!! So he walks like a hunchback - it's a small price to pay for holding on to your car!! Stuff the kids - live!!

I never noticed a difference between the pre facelift and facelift rears, I feel kinda dim now. lol. The car was manufactured in March of 1997 and as I understand it all the facelift bits an bobs were phased in to the manufacture of supras from late 1996. That would explain the facelift front, pre rear, Although I'm no expert its just what i've read on forums.

I never noticed a difference between the pre facelift and facelift rears, I feel kinda dim now. lol. The car was manufactured in March of 1997 and as I understand it all the facelift bits an bobs were phased in to the manufacture of supras from late 1996. That would explain the facelift front, pre rear, Although I'm no expert its just what i've read on forums.

Looks like the rears are actually UK types as the reverse lamps are in a different position and the inner reds are used as foglamps. Tis a facelift to be sure and probably came with the later rear lamps originally and instead of the usual light mod to add foglamps for the MOT it was chosen to change the lamps

I don't know about a tad pricey, It's standing me 24000 euros so from my point of view its a steal. lol. But I suppose your right Claire if Im willing to bend to 10500 then I should probably just put 10500 on the post in the first place. I like a bit of wiggle room for negotiation though. lol

Well I Paid 16000 euro for the car and unfortunately I had to pay for all this Clare it didn't come free. lol

HKS full exhaust system

HKS Ssqv dump valve

HKS piggy back ecu (F-Con V-Pro) (ignition timing & fuel management system)

HKS fully adjustable shocks all round

HKS boost Gauge built into dash

Front Strutbrace

Blitz LM Intercooler (v spec) with pipework

Blitz hvac boost controller

Blitz induction kit

Blitz turbo timer

Trd clocks (320kph)

Head Lights converted to H.I.D high intensity

RayBrigg spotlights

Clifford G5 alarm and immobiliser with back up battery

Clifford IntelliStart 4 (remote control engine start)

Onboard computer with 80Gb Hdd linked to touchscreen dual screens, car has, basic tv channels, bluetooth, wireless internet, sat-nav, gps.

Media player plays both the song and video when music is selected. Two amplifers and sub with six speakers.

Well I Paid 16000 euro for the car and unfortunately I had to pay for all this Clare it didn't come free. lol

I know it's frustrating, but...

Making modifications to a car will hardly ever give you a return on your investment. The best way of recouping some of the money spent on parts is to take the parts off and sell them separately, replacing with stock parts on the car where necessary.

to be fair the guy is asking I think a reasonable price at approx £9000..........he was just saying to Claire where the extra money went.......a bog standard 1997 120km manual TT would be worth itro this i'd of thought,no?

You probably should of Claire, to be fair I'd ask for more for mine but the bottom line for me is my son. No cars worth him squashed into the back. I'd probably swap it for a blue green machine at this stage, Guess what he wants for his birthday that we can't find. lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.