The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thanks again to DW Services and johnd-mkiv

tooquicktostop

Well the Vette refurb continues and this time Dave has had his hands on it for a couple of weeks, its starting to get exciting and cant wait to get the roof off this weekend, big thanks for the usual exceptional service with faultless communication and quality with value

Thanks to johnd-mkiv for the hand made de-cat pipes :)

Had

new rear brake disks,pads and lines

Double decat pipes made and fitted

Good clean and tidy with some paint touch up

The car has just had a full wheel refurb elsewhere along with a full ICE install to replace the old original unit, it is coming together now and ready for the Wheels in motion day :)

I only have a couple of snaps from Dave's phone but all will be revealed this weekend

Thanks again guys and see you Sat Dave ;)

Got any vids mate?

I'd love to hear it running :eyebrows:

------------------

Great work as always Dave......master of your trade for sure :thumbs:

I dont, and my missus has the camera in Cyprus, all I can say is that on WOT it makes the 5.0L Camaro sound tame, the rear cat back from Haywood and Scott was OK but the addition of the full de-cat from Dave and John has released that V8 distinct noise from the 5.7L's

Will bring the car to the Wheels in motion day, very happy with it at the moment

I have to describe a C4 Corvette as one of those cars that can be brought for peanuts but turns heads everywhere and puts a smile on your face every trip which is the benchmark for a good car IMO, even when the car is actually very poor in so many other ways :D

I dont, and my missus has the camera in Cyprus, all I can say is that on WOT it makes the 5.0L Camaro sound tame, the rear cat back from Haywood and Scott was OK but the addition of the full de-cat from Dave and John has released that V8 distinct noise from the 5.7L's

Will bring the car to the Wheels in motion day, very happy with it at the moment

I have to describe a C4 Corvette as one of those cars that can be brought for peanuts but turns heads everywhere and puts a smile on your face every trip which is the benchmark for a good car IMO, even when the car is actually very poor in so many other ways :D

I'll see you at the WIM day then dude :thumbs:

I know exactly what you mean about bad cars being good. Good cars can be good for good handling, fuel economy, reliability blah blah blah.......but a great car makes you smile :D. And some really bad cars can make you smile :D

I'll see you at the WIM day then dude :thumbs:

I know exactly what you mean about bad cars being good. Good cars can be good for good handling, fuel economy, reliability blah blah blah.......but a great car makes you smile :D. And some really bad cars can make you smile :D

Too right mate, look forward to the meet

The C4 sounds like thunder even though it would get well beat by an NA Supra, has sleak lines even though it is not pretty, and handles like it has been in a major accident :D

I love old US muscle, and as it is as rare to see and hear a big V8 in the UK they do get noticed :)

I also have a soft spot for old muscle yank tanks. I nearly bought a 1979 transam (smokey and the bandit type) before buying the 2nd supe, I also looked at old mustang fastbacks and the camero's around the time of the bullnose type.

I was talked out of it though by my old man, so now I've decided myself that my next car will me of the american muscle variety, though considerably newer. I really fancy the ls3 2008 onwards corvette with the slightly bigger more powerful engine. Just waiting for them to depreciate down to around 20k, then I'll have one for sure :D

I also have a soft spot for old muscle yank tanks. I nearly bought a 1979 transam (smokey and the bandit type) before buying the 2nd supe, I also looked at old mustang fastbacks and the camero's around the time of the bullnose type.

I was talked out of it though by my old man, so now I've decided myself that my next car will me of the american muscle variety, though considerably newer. I really fancy the ls3 2008 onwards corvette with the slightly bigger more powerful engine. Just waiting for them to depreciate down to around 20k, then I'll have one for sure :D

For the drivability I fully agree with the latter US muscle, however for sheer fun you cant beat the old stuff, it is so much fun and has so much more soul than the new stuff:)