The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on selling a watch

Class One

I have a rather nice watch to sell. Does anyone here (as there is a vast wealth of knowledge about all things) have any recommended or trusted outlets that I can sell my watch through?

It's not a mainstream manufacturer, but it is an expensive Swiss made watch by a low output watch house with a value in excess of £5k.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Ewen has to be the man for this.

I'm with Gav, although I paid the extra and went for a Relox.

Same here... Think you start a thread with pictures Scott ;)

Sounds like Ewen is your man, if not could you take it to Goldsmith's for a estimation?

what is it doug (make )?

It's a Dubois et Fils 1910 Chronographe model 38490.

38mm 18ct white gold case, with double hinged back.

Valjoux 7751 28500vph movement.

Crocodile Skin strap.

Rosewood box and papers.

Like new.

I know I know, this thread is useless without pics but I haven't got round to uploading them yet.

Lovely watch, there are a number of enthusiasts and collectors over on Pistonheads, I'm sure there are special forums for this kind of thing (they have their own section) but a post there will probably either introduce you to a buyer or give you some places to sell it.

Beautiful watch.

I cant help with suggestions as to where to sell I'm afraid. I've never sold a watch, I just buy them and keep them.

If I did, I suppose I'd try a watch forum such as

http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/

I'm a member on there, I trust the admin absolutely and I see many sales successfully undertaken. The admin is very knowledgeable too...may be able to offer advice at least.

I have a friend who sold a watch through Goldsmiths in the UK...I think they had it up for sale in store and took a small commission.

I'm aware of a few watch trading web sites, but have no idea how good or bad they are...except they seem to value watches extremely low when it comes to them offering you the seller a buying price, then ramping up considerably when re-selling.

Good luck anyhoo...like I said up front, beautiful watch...if it were mine, I'd keep it.