The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the best mobile on the market?

supra_aero

I just moved from O2 to 3. O2 have the worst mobile internet coverage compared to 3 having the best.

I'd say Orange/T-Mobile have the best coverage, since the two companies have merged.

O2 also shares masts with Vodaphone... who also seem to have poor coverage though.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Orange/T-Mobile have the best coverage, since the two companies have merged.

O2 also shares masts with Vodaphone... who also seem to have poor coverage though.

It obviously depends where you live. I get better 02 coverage where I live, but I've been told Orange are the best generally.

Hopefully this merger will let me make a complete call on Orange from my house without the call failing :(

It obviously depends where you live. I get better 02 coverage where I live, but I've been told Orange are the best generally.

Hopefully this merger will let me make a complete call on Orange from my house without the call failing :(

I use a function called UMA on my blackberry which allows me to use my home WiFi for both data and voice calls, which means I have perfect signal at home and at work :) (UMA is an orange only thing though, and I'm pretty sure it is only on the blackberry, even if UMA is not a BB thing)

I use a function called UMA on my blackberry which allows me to use my home WiFi for both data and voice calls, which means I have perfect signal at home and at work :) (UMA is an orange only thing though, and I'm pretty sure it is only on the blackberry, even if UMA is not a BB thing)

The iphone automatically connects to Wifi when its available. My phone swaps over on its own when I'm in either my house, my girlfriends or my mates. All your data can come through that. It also works for calls if you have Skype (free ap), and one of the push ones like 'whats ap' for texting and photos etc.

What would the phone be mainly used for?

If you're after an app based phone you cant go wrong with the HTC series with Android, likewise with the iphone app store.

I use mine for taking pics and recording video's so had the Samsung i8910 which was 8mp camera and 720p video recording.

Since changed to the new Sony Ericsson Vivaz. 8.1mp camera and again, 720p video recording. However, I found the vivaz better which is why I got bought that one. Picture quality between the 2 is very small, but the audio recording on the vivaz is leaps and bounds ahead of the samsung wheather it be on the phone speakers or through the TV's surround sound.

Both use the latest symbian software so while it does what it needs to do, apps wise it is not mega. Well, not that many decent ones I have comes across.

Cheers

Gaz

Somhow missed this:

lol, everything - surfing the net/calls/and all these "apps" I keep hearing about.

So you're probably not reallty interested in what i wrote :D

The iphone automatically connects to Wifi when its available. My phone swaps over on its own when I'm in either my house, my girlfriends or my mates. All your data can come through that. It also works for calls if you have Skype (free ap), and one of the push ones like 'whats ap' for texting and photos etc.

I keep that feature turned off, and rely on 3G, as it uses far too much battery power constantly 'searching' for available WiFi zones.

It's the only downside of the phone though. That, and Vodafone's dismal coverage in Eastbourne :rolleyes:

What would the phone be mainly used for?

If you're after an app based phone you cant go wrong with the HTC series with Android, likewise with the iphone app store.

I use mine for taking pics and recording video's so had the Samsung i8910 which was 8mp camera and 720p video recording.

Since changed to the new Sony Ericsson Vivaz. 8.1mp camera and again, 720p video recording. However, I found the vivaz better which is why I got bought that one. Picture quality between the 2 is very small, but the audio recording on the vivaz is leaps and bounds ahead of the samsung wheather it be on the phone speakers or through the TV's surround sound.

Both use the latest symbian software so while it does what it needs to do, apps wise it is not mega. Well, not that many decent ones I have comes across.

Cheers

Gaz

Somhow missed this:

So you're probably not reallty interested in what i wrote :D

No not really :D

Well actually that's not entirely true I am after the apps and stuff, so desire truely does sound perfect :)

I keep that feature turned off, and rely on 3G, as it uses far too much battery power constantly 'searching' for available WiFi zones.

It's the only downside of the phone though. That, and Vodafone's dismal coverage in Eastbourne :rolleyes:

The battery needs charging every day for me anyway, so its not a prob for me to have it on as it gets juice every night regardless.

Oh and that's another thing, I would like to see a better battery solution for the 4G, something that gives me more than a days usage without charge.

HTC Desire is an amazing phone it has a 1GHz snap dragon processor which makes the Desire the fastest mobile phone on the market, 3.7" multi-sensor capacity touchscreen. 7 'homescreens' with a complete customizable User Interface per screen, access to applications through the 'Android Market' - Runnning the latest 2.1 Sense UI software.

If I did not have a company phone, I would definately be in the market for one of these.

Gav, you and the guys will have fun just playing with the phone and you'll be suprised at how fast it is (again, thanks to the snap dragon processor).

Where did you order them from? The Orange site still says 'coming soon'.

Directly from orange ;)

Gav, you and the guys will have fun just playing with the phone and you'll be suprised at how fast it is (again, thanks to the snap dragon processor).

We already have a few prototypes, but after having fun today at the office and the BBs don't run our client software I figured the support guys really should have phones that run our client... and what better phone to get :)

Guest Luke Hero

Had my Desire for about a week or two now. Its a mint phone but i gotta say its still got bugs. Dunno if its just mine and if it can be fixed with an update or ill have to take it back.

Sometimes when im on the web browser and writing using the landscape qwerty keyboard itll just spaz out, will go to my home screen, go in and out of helicopter view like 10 times really fast and the phone thinks im adjusting the ringer volume. Its even done it when the phones just been sat on the table. Also sometimes the menu button seems to become a second home button. So ill be on the web browser or the homescreen, hit menu and if im on my browser ill get taken back to the homescreen and if im already there itll go into helicopter view.

Like i say, dunno if its hardware faults like bad connections or the OS being buggy. If it carries on im gonna swap it for another Desire. But still minus the issues im having its easily the best phone ive had since i had my HTC Hero a while ago.

Anyone else had thier Desire being buggy?

Ordered a Desire, should be getting it on Friday. Look forward to having a play, I still don't like touch screen but it is the way things are going nowadays.

Got it on a 12 month Vodafone contract. £40 per month with 3 months free..... so works out £30 ppm. 300 mins, 3000 texts and unlimited internet.

Good deal and exactly what I was looking for. I won't be going near orange ever again. I was stupid going back with them.

Got it on a 12 month Vodafone contract. .

12 month contracts are still available? Was that through a third party company? I'm guessing so as you have 3 month's free (damn good if you ask me)

It really is a cracking phone.