The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best single turbo insurance companies?

Jamesy

Rang A-plan as my renewal is up next month and they have advised most of their policies are getting a 15-20% increase - even though i will now have 8 years NCD :(

while im at looking around i was wondering who is the best to try and get cover with when i go single turbo next month?

Sky?

Adrian Flux?

??

Muchos :)

I ended up getting a traders policy as it was by far the cheapest. Was with Allianz who I had used before and knew they gave good service.

so does that cover multiple cars mate?

i have a run around i could do with adding to the policy .... :)

Last time I looked it was circa 3k for a 96 TT auto, but that was over a year ago so I would expect it to be less now. Also bear in mind traders policies won't take mods into account when paying out, and the ones that do, if you can find them, cost a fortune.

This is not my advice but it has just beens posted on the Aristo forum:

I see it a lot banded across the net "get a traders insurance" and thought it'd be good to have a little discussion on here to help anyone thinking of getting one or to dispel "gossip" or "internet rumours".

I'm not in insurance as you know, but have a fair amount of experience with trade insurance.

A few key facts

1. When you claim, they will only pay out trade value for the vehicle you are driving.

2. Windscreen cover is not normally covered

3. In an event of a claim, they will want to see proof of trading

4. No claims discount on personal insurance/trade insurance is not normally transferable, although most will allow it or make allowances for it.

It may seem the cheaper option to enable a few modified cars in the collection, but if you've lied, like any other insurance, and they find out, they aint going to pay if you claim.

Also, alot of the time, I can't see how it's cheaper for people, if they're reading the policies correctly, as to have a modified import added to your personal cars, adds a huge amount on.

I used Sky Insurance for my T61 single, value of £14K, protected NCB (9+ years), Age 32, location Bristol, and I was paying £650 which had a clause for like for like replacement of mods should it get written off. Think the excess was around the £350/400 mark.

Was Adrian for me - shame as I really enjoyed speaking with Sky and they definately knew what I was talking about and in fact helped me reel off the list of modifications to my car.

Adrian flux was a good couple of hundred quid less that everyone for me and offer like for like for any modifications I have made - not agreed value but is enough for me.

Adrian flux just quoted me £625 for my TT. Sod that.

Will call sky tomoro

Wow! Well not that suprised really - it's like numbers are pulled from a hat when it comes to insurance!

Trying to find insurance on the single really made me feel 17 years old again, trying to frantically find someone to insure me on anything with a engine larger than a lawnmower!

Try everyone! I did and eventually found the right one, but will have to go through it again at the end of the year no doubt. :rolleyes:

I can't remember who I'm with (it's not Not or A-Plan, they were both too expensive) but they were very good at the time so I'll try to remember to dig out the details. I'm 32, all mods declared, agreed value, max 6k miles, garaged, very good postcode, 8/9/10(?) years NCD = £550.