The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the worse physical pain you have had?

Blackie

Dont feel pain that much to be honest,one of the worst must be snapping the end of my elbow clean off and having to walk 2 miles down a hill when i crashed my bike.

Next is last summer i rode my bike down a steep hill and couldnt stop at the bottom, a tree pierced my armpit cleanly and went in by about 4 inches, that hurt a little but when they had to inject it 4 times and put stitches in i couldnt help but giggle.

The worst has been when i was riding down another hill on the drop handlebars of my road bike i went into the side of a 40 foot wagon ( i honestly didnt see it) at around 40mph, injuries were internal bleeding on my leg which caused it to lock solid for over 6 weeks and an end to my bike racing career :(

Hmm something tells me i should stay off bikes.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking my arm 18 odd years ago was bad. I went to an insecure premises went inside to investigate and got set upon by a male armed with a crowbar. Needless to say he got the jump on me and it was all I could do to defend myself by putting my arm in front of my face which he was aiming for. Two ops pins , plates and a bone graft later it's never been the same.

The worst though was having a bi-lateral testicular biopsy in my early 20's . Done under a general anaestetic they made an incision in my scrotum and pulled both testicles out through the incision,did what they had to do, then stuffed them back in. The worst bit was waking in recovery with no pain relief so they could ascertain exactly how much pain I was in then injecting pethadin directly into my scrotum to ease the pain. Not good.

Havent broken a single bone and im 21 years young :D

Worst pain i had was at the "dreaded" Dentist.. went to have one of my back teeth removed, he didn't allow enough time for the drugs to kick in and started pulling :blink:

OUCHIES !!! really felt like jumpin up and bitch slapping him.

Doesnt really compare to some of your pain but still hurt like a monkey's uncle !!

Worst pain for me was the pain after the skin-graft I had to cover the hole on my ankle after my motorbike accident.

They took the skin from a patch about 5"x5" on my left upper thigh, and the only way to describe the 2 week initial healing process, was like someone constantly pouring acid on my leg! Considering my leg was shot to bits and I didn't walk for 6 months this was the worst thing about the whole ordeal! I even spent Christmas Day 2005 in hospital after the gauze slipped and stuck on the wound and had to be peeled off.

1st. Cluster head ache. Like a migraine but 10x worse. You honestly would blow your brains out if you had a gun to hand and were in any condition to manage one. It's like having a rusty javelin going in through your right eyeball and all the way through that side off your brain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

2nd. When I broke my collar bone while wearing a wetsuit. The tightness of the wet suit constantly pulled the broken bone out of place. It was fucking agony. It was a brand new expensive wet suit but at the hospital I was begging them to cut it off.

I've broken loads of bones. Broke my arms 5+ times, nose 3 times, elbow, toes, fingers etc - nothing hurt more than the collar bone, because of the wet suit.

3rd. Having a dislocated elbow relocated. My arm had telescoped up, so whats normally my elbow was sticking out where ones tricep usually is. They had two ambulance chaps holding my shoulders back while a doctor had his knee against my chest while pulling my arm out to its more usual length.

That smarted a bit, I can tell you.

my efin chronic cluster headaches.

http://www.ouchuk.org/html/clusters_whatisit.asp

:(

More painful than childbirth, according some women cluster headache sufferers!

Worse one for me was an american football injury - I was stationary, and someone put their helmet into the bottom of my back at full speed. First and only time I've ever gone down and been literally unable to get up again.

Luckily, he just missed a clean hit on my spine (or I'd still be in a wheelchair today), but it broke off a small bit of my cocyx (still floating around in there somewhere), and left me with a hematoma with about a 12" radius.

A friend of mine with cluster headaches swears by daily feverfew (which greatly reduced the number of attacks) and red bull (to curb an impending attack).

Had a motorbike accident, wrote the car and the bike off as it was head on. Was lucky to escape with some bumps and cuts but as i went over the bike the fuel tank ruptured emptying all the fuel on my crotch. As i slide over the roof on the car, removing all the paint onto my jeans, it got a little warm to say the least.

In the hospital the nurse was asking what hurt the most, i swear on my daughters life i could not think of a single posh word for them so just blurted out " my bollocks really hurt"!

The fuel did not ignite, i think, but just having ones plums covered in it burnt like hell. To this day i have white pubes.

Have not ridden a bike since.

Waking up after surgery from cutting my stomach open (right down through all the ab muscles) and being sick from the anesthetic i had.....well the pain was unbearable and was sick more at the fact the pain was so bad.

Least to say it took them 10hrs before they finally put me on a morphine drip and i was fine once i had my fix!!!

Moral of the story dont go to hospital in Jo'berg!!!

The brachial plexus injury I gained in a bike accident in '94. The actual crash didn't really hurt, my shoulder was a bit sore, I thought I'd done my collar bone, and I'd shattered my left ankle, but again, that wasn't agony.

The worst was (and still is) the aftermath a few years later. My left arm was paralysed for the first 9 months or so and I couldn't feel a thing. Once the nerves started to sort themselves out was when the pain really started. I had times when I would have gladly cut my arm off if it would have stopped the pain - it was just so debilitating, I couldn't do anything as all I could focus on was my shoulder.

I'm nowhere near as bad as I was (the accident was in 94), but I still have good days and bad days. Been on bad days this week - it feels like there is a knife stuck in my shoulder blade, there's just a big circle of burning pain all around my shoulder and up into my neck. Ick.

collapesed lungs is the worst from my list

all the muscles go in to spasm on the side that has collapesed (had both sides go, not at the same time) shortness of breath, all quite nasty. the way they put the drain into the chest cavity is worst though, general anistetic which dont work for a tooth out

make a small X cut in the skin, then a largeish needle to puncture the chest wall, then i kid you not a pair of round nose pliers in the hole going round and round to make the hole big enough to get the drain tube in, while 2 people stop you falling off the trolly they are pushing so hard against the pliers, nothing quite like it.

torn ligaments all down my left ankle was feckin sore as hell, thats 2 years ago now and can still feel its weak :(

andy

Don't say that! I torn my ankle ligaments a month ago, the pain is immense! I was told I would have been better just breaking it as everytime I moved the slightest it felt like someone took a hammer to my ankle!

Supposed to be training again soon for the new football season, I don't want to tear it again :(

I could put up a picture but it is not pretty :D

Nothing too extreme, but in the middle of replacing the rear subframe on my mini, with the car jacked up and the subframe off, my brother in law says we should get it up higher. During this I somehow managed to get my left hand index finger inbetween the axle stand and car as the trolley jack was slackened - needless to say, the weight of a mini sat on my finger smarted somewhat :D The worst bit was waiting for my brother in law to re-tighten the jack nut and jack the car back off me.