The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the worse physical pain you have had?

Blackie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing comes even close to the pain I had when I tore the ligaments in my ankle though.

Me too, ankle ligaments.

I came down off some ladders and put my full weight on my left foot on the edge of a driveway about 8" high. My mother heard me scream and found me lying flat on my back on the drive in excruciating pain, apparently I had turned as white as a sheet. :blink:

The nurse said this can be far more painful than breaking the ankle.

Every few years it happens again as I've weakened the joint and an uneven surface sends me over. :(

i had a 3 inch needle through my kne to the centre and that was real bad but a sat ther and gritted. then the doc said , can you feel that , dou you want more anesthetic . to wich i replied

" what do you mean more i havent bloody had any"

the following groveling from the nhs was pityfull but it bloody hurt

I broke my femur in two places after being taken off of a bike by a car.

It took me about 4 or 5 months ro get walking without any crutches or walking sticks and i can say that the most painful part of the whole ordeal was the nurse "freeing" up my knee after I had been laid up for about 6 days following the operation. Terrible pain

few years ago now i was drinking in the infamous newcastle big market, when walking from one bar to another i was set upon by a large group of thugs for no reason, after a bit of a scuffle mostly me getting punched one of the nice lads stabbed me in the neck, i tried to run off eventually i collapsed fortunately some passerbys called an ambulance and looked after me,

i ended up losing a lot of blood got around 30 stitches doctor said i was very lucky if he had stabbed me a bit lower he would have got my jugular.

I've broken bones dozens of times (used to race motorcross bikes), had deep cuts needing surgery and had a 3rd degreee burn, and though very painful, nothing compared to having the toenail on my big toe removed!

This was two sets of the worse pain level I've felt in the space of 2 hours...

First off, was having the local anaesthetic injected into an extremely swollen and painful toe, the needle going under the toenail about 15mm. I nearly passed out.

The doctor then (incorrectly it turns out) removed the entire toenail from the root then dug out part of the root on each side. Not only was that unnecessary and incorrect to do, but the local anaesthetic only lasted 15 minutes. The next 12 hours were agony with essentially a ripped out toenail and all the nerves and tissue cut to shreds. The doctor only stuck a plaster over it and I was left like that. It took 6 months to heal properly, but my toe is still deformed and the nail doesn't grow properly even now (and prone to ripping out, as I posted here last year :D )

15 years later, thinking of the pain sends a shiver down my spine. Amazing how such a small area being cut up can cause so much pain.

To be fair, the 3rd degree burn was pretty painful too..

lots of injuries here!:blink:

I guess mine would have been when I was 14. rode my bike to a friends house and started with chest pains. I thought it was just my asthma playing up so carried on. spent about an hour at my mates until it got to the point of being unable to breathe so thought I had best go home. A nice 4 mile bike ride! Took me nearly 3 hours to ride that due to the pain and being unable to breathe. turns out I had a small airbubble on the outside of my lung from birth and it had popped! 20% nurothorax (sp?) for my troubles!

So you must be quite irratating in really life then? :p

:innocent:

Unforunately I'm quite a big fecker. Even though I never look for trouble it always looks for me. Seems that a lot of vertically challenged folks get a chip on their shoulder when they see someone bigger than them, automatically assume you want to fight them etc.

Lets just say I have a few stories :D

Edit: Oh, it was my mate that shot me by accident lol. Walking with a loaded gun.... not a good idea. It only grazed the bone but it hurt like hell. Have a nice scar to remind me of that day :D