The mkiv Supra Owners Club

expensive car wax 6K??

suprab

yep rab , quite an old film of mr dalton , cleaver marketing , notice how he tells you how much everything costs , kind of trying to justify charging ridiculous money .

he fell out with that certain wax manufacturer just after that something to do with royalties i think .

my top wax costs about £150 for me to buy , but would a couple of grand wax look a couple of grand better , NO all bollocks , but to the rich and famous its all i want whatever you ve got sort of thing , that vid alienated paul from the mere mortals of the detailing world , but probably what he wanted

Pah, that's nothing compared to Zymol Solaris

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolsolaris.aspx

£40k for some wax, bargain!!

I guess if you have multi-thousand pound cars, then it's not too much trouble to get a very expensive detail. Personally the most expensive waxes I own are only £30 a pot and still give a great finish

lol £40k, and it says sorry, all units sold

that blokes a right bum fest. i could not do that everyday.

how do you get started out in a business like that?? up to 5k for a polish up? man thats crazy. he must be minted

i use abit of turtle wax shampoo and some SRP. as i'm tight with me money and the paint work on me car ain't worth the mess around :)

whats this £150 wax then?

i use abit of turtle wax shampoo and some SRP. as i'm tight with me money and the paint work on me car ain't worth the mess around :)

whats this £150 wax then?

Turtle wax shampoo! the rubbish they are still trying to get me to buy at the till at Halfords every time I go in:d

Turtle wax shampoo! the rubbish they are still trying to get me to buy at the till at Halfords every time I go in:d

you mean you've had your eye on it :D

yeah thats the stuff, buy 1 get 1 free i think it is now:p after the respray tho. it will be something better no doubt. i'm on a budget you know:innocent:

Apart from the wax it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary for any pro detailer. Although, it is better value for money than you think, you do get free refills :D

What wax is it you use that costs £150 Peter?

swissvax best of show at £145, and zymol vintage is a tad more.

but down here not many will pay for the pleasure , but its in the armoury .

my main waxs are sonax and dodo£40-£60 range

swissvax best of show at £145, and zymol vintage is a tad more

Ah i've been tempted by BOS a few times, I think if I was to get a pricey wax it'd be that or Glasur. I've got Supernatural but only in the wee panel pots they seem to last long enough and looks great :)

Right enough I barely know anything about the Sonax range. I think i'm going to give Vics red another bash after failing horribly to put a layer on in the sun. People seem to think it looks great. Have just bought some FK1000p, have you used this? Supposed to be very durable but i've heard mixed reviews in the looks department. I'm going to use it for my wheels and my other car before thinking about using it on the Supe. I'm itching to use all my waxes but you can only really use one at a time :D

try and find one that suits your needs/ pocket and is easy to use, most of what i carry is exactly that , the sealant i use before any wax is duragloss , brilliant polish , goes on and off like a breeze , doesnt mark trim , and is as its name durable .

ive got to the stage now that ive given up on wasting money on waxes , im happy with what ive got , sort of covers all the bases.

and if a customer asks for something ridiculous , ive got some great fellow pros and solid backing from companys ive dealt with for ages now , so no point stocking anything thats just going to sit here .

what youll find rab with the dodo waxes , apart from the supernatural all the others are colour specific, and give an excellent shine and finish .

but its the work you put in beforehand that will make the final result , prep is everything in this game .

dust is dust unfortunatelly , but on a well preped car it will have less to stick to(slickness) if you know what i mean

what youll find rab with the dodo waxes , apart from the supernatural all the others are colour specific, and give an excellent shine and finish .

but its the work you put in beforehand that will make the final result , prep is everything in this game .

dust is dust unfortunatelly , but on a well preped car it will have less to stick to(slickness) if you know what i mean

thanks Peter, think ill just leave it to the pros, i find it hard work to wash and wax :(