The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My visit to Whifbitz and 2bartuning 2010 and 2011

Luxluc

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to meet you both at Whifbitz (I was hoping to see a couple of guys from the forum during my stay) ;)

Mikeyh : You're Supra looks awesome ... very nice stock Supra, with a very special colour.

No worries, the new rear tires are ordered :D

Everything is fine on the car now ... just need Ryan to work his magic now :)

@Fuldhat : I won't change another cambelt now ... really not motivated to do that again, as we did it 4 times during 2 days :Pling:

It was great to meet you both at Whifbitz (I was hoping to see a couple of guys from the forum during my stay) ;)

Mikeyh : You're Supra looks awesome ... very nice stock Supra, with a very special colour.

Everything is fine on the car now ... just need Ryan to work his magic now :)

thanks luc:) i must say yours looks great too ill keep an eye out for your dyno results i hope you manage to break that magic 700bhp figure im sure it will :cool:

Hey Glenn..thanks

I have the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires on the Supra. Awesome tire, very very sticky...I killed the rears after 1000 mms though...no burnouts and no red light quick starts...mostly 3rd, 4th and 5th gear full boost :)

Here the pics of the work that have been done.

I arrived early in the morning, and gave the car a quick wash while Darren was on his way up to Enfield :)

Stock intake came out

Then the rad, fans, and belt.

I did'nt know that in order to change the oil pump, the front axle needed to get off the car :blink:

While we were there, we decided to go for ARP bolts

Axle back on

Whifbitz auxilary pulley's installed (silver polished) :D

Next morning at 9 AM, opening the garage to continue :)

The intake had been welded on the lower runners to avoid leakage at high boost (around 2 bar are planned)

We cleaned it up and gave it a couple of colour layers in black mat.

New oil filter and cleaning up the fuel rail

The manif went in, as did the Titan cam gears.

Fuel rail back in

with the FPR relocated

Fuse box relocation

IC piping to the intake went in

The engine oil cooler needed relocation

PS relocation

Rad overflow can and oil catch can relocation

Engine bay READY :D:d:d

Boot installation of Battery, washer tank, Methanol tank, AEM W/M injection pump and controller

Installation of a light indicating working of the WI

A big thank you to Darren for the tremendous work he did on the car. My appologies to your girlfriend mate ... I kept you busy every day till 10PM :D : THANKS AGAIN

Thanks to Paul and to Darrens daddy too ... always nice to have some more hands as we tried to get the car finished ASAP.

Cheers guys

Luc

Nice work bet you cant wait to have it remapped :D , quick question the large blue hose coming from the top of the inlet and then goes down the side of it where does that run to ?

Thats for the idle valve Chaz, we mounted it under the inlet, looks a right mess if its bolted to the top of the inlet manifold.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of pics of the first BBQ meet over here.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/217705_1882070725922_1065944560_2166543_8378816_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/215293_1882071285936_1065944560_2166545_2845255_n.jpg

Only 5 days left till I will be meeting Ryan at TDi for the final mapping session :)

Darren : I did put your sticker in the rear window ;)

Yes Jamie. I will come over on Tuesday (very) early. I'm booked in with Ryan for 10AM.

What time will you be there?

After talking with Ryan today im not sure whats going on now, he has 3 cars to do tuesday and with a full map to do on mine it will be tight for time, might be doing it friday instead now.