The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My visit to Whifbitz and 2bartuning 2010 and 2011

Luxluc

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Here a quick pic of the finished work at Whifbitz.

I have 40+ pics of the complete works that have been done. I will post them in the next days.

The mapping was postponed to 3rd of May, as we had some problems with Gate's cambelts not working properly, and causing massive movement of the belt on the Titan cam gears .. which set us back by 6+ hours ; the result was that I missed the RV at TDi with Ryan :(

It was really odd Steve ... we put the belt on the car and put everything together. When we started the car, the belt was moving heavily on the cam gears. We suspected one the the new pulleys or a tensioner to be faulty (I have a Whifbitz pulley set on the car now). We changed for another belt after a couple of hours, which had the same behaviour but less. When going for a stock belt, everything was fine.

I guess it was a bad lot of Gate's belts :(

The engine is still stock, although we added ARP bolts. I'm running HKS 264 cams (in and out).

The water meth injection kit is installed (50%/50%) .. the plan is to go for 2 bar.

The GReddy intake is welded on the lower stock runners. We didn't want to simply bolt it on, as the high boost could bring leaks. So Paul and Darren suggested to have it welded on the runners. Darren then suggested to get it painted black mat, which I really like :)

I'd get a turbo blanket on there to protect the CF brace.

Thanks for the info Nic ... I was talking to Paul about exactly the blanket during my stay, but with the problems, I was so pissed off that I missed my RV with Ryan that I forgot it in the end ;)

Thanks for the comments guys.

I came home Jamie, as there was no chance to have it dyno'd within the next days after Darren finished the work.

Ryan suggested TDi, plus I wanted to give the hub dyno a try.

I will travel back on 3rd of May early in the morning, and then get back the same day.

I have to wait for 3 long weeks to have it mapped ... LOOONG time now :p