The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eyjafjallajokull

tbourner

It's amazing how much faith in God otherwise aethiestic insurance company's find when they decide they dont want to pay out lol.

That's a good point. I wonder what would happen if an insurer refused to pay out citing 'an act of god' and you (well, not you per se) said "I don't believe in god so I need you to prove its existence or pay up".

Probably not a lot but I'd love to give it a go.

But how many times in your life do you get to call your boss on Monday morning and say "Sorry, I cant make it to work today......there is a volcano"?

God only knows how long I will be stuck here though. I wouldnt mind too much if it wasnt grey, dismal and raining in Madrid!!

(p.s. excuse my lack of punctuation .. Spanish keyboard and god knows where the apostrophe button etc is!)

In case anyone wondered, comparing the Volcano to the cancelled flights in terms of global climate change...

The volcano eruption gives us approximately a net saving of >200,000 tonnes CO2/day.

This is almost exactly what my Ph.D is on (atmospheric particulates) - I've not been around much because I'm writing my thesis.

Toodle-pip!

In case anyone wondered, comparing the Volcano to the cancelled flights in terms of global climate change...

The volcano eruption gives us approximately a net saving of >200,000 tonnes CO2/day.

In that case, they can cut our petrol costs off from the "green tax" for a while. :D

That's a good point. I wonder what would happen if an insurer refused to pay out citing 'an act of god' and you (well, not you per se) said "I don't believe in god so I need you to prove its existence or pay up".

Probably not a lot but I'd love to give it a go.

Actually, there was a movie made in Australia starring Billy Connolly called "The Man Who Sued God" - about this very thing.

Well mum, sis and step dad stuck in tenerife since last friday now. they were originally with RyanAir but cancelled for refund when first flight was cancelled to book with Thomas cook for today!!! this is now looking like being cancelled and whats worse is now Ryan air will fly people to mainland Spain instead....but they have already cancelled with Ryanair

So they will be at the back of a 5 day back log.

They were originally flying to Bmth but the thomas cook one is to Cardiff, if it flies today