The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eyjafjallajokull

tbourner

Isnt there a film called 2012 out at the moment about the world turning against mankind and trying to kill us all? I think its all a PR stunt to promote the film.

To do with the Mayan calendar isn't it? I haven't seen it. It's all twoddle though really it's just a transition to another section of the calendar not the END of the calendar.

The disasters occur because of the sun.

Oh god it's not another 'magnetosphere gone' disaster is it! :rolleyes:

This is an interesting read:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_3.htm

If you like that kind of thing.

So basically December 2012 isn’t the end of the world at all, it’s just the changeover from 12.19.19.17.19 on the Mayan long count calendar to 13.0.0.0.0. The same as when we changed over from the year 1999 to the year 2000 - we all had a big party and worried about computers crashing.

And here was me thinking all these disasters like Haiti and Eyejaffajaffacake were the beginning of the end.

Guest Luke Hero
It will block out the sun completely for a year all over the world.

Aww great so those 2 weeks of sunshine we get every summer, gone. :p

I'm booked to fly to Liverpool early on Monday with my 9 yr old lad for the match against West Ham, he's done nothing but talk about it for the last month and stupid Ryan Air have said today that they're cancelling everything until Monday afternoon. I'm now booked (but not paid yet just in case) on the ferry to the Isle of Man, and a connecting one from there to Liverpool on Sunday. Ferry fare + additional night in a hotel and no guarantee of getting home means a potentially expensive trip :(

They'd better win lol