The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Preludes?

Guest jdwals

Guest jdwals

Well, this was mine.

Named China by the owners who had the car before me so I kept the name for the time I had it. Drove all over Ireland in that car.

Don't mean to be rude and put you guys off the celica but if you are downsizing from a supra, wouldn't the obvious choice not be a Celica. I had mine for 4 years without having any problems and loved it to bits. Far more practical then the soop and the gen 6 has similar looks too. Just my thoughts.

I also loved the shape of the gen 4 prelude and did want one at one time but was happy with the celica.

Kam

Don't mean to be rude and put you guys off the celica but if you are downsizing from a supra, wouldn't the obvious choice not be a Celica. I had mine for 4 years without having any problems and loved it to bits. Far more practical then the soop and the gen 6 has similar looks too. Just my thoughts.

I also loved the shape of the gen 4 prelude and did want one at one time but was happy with the celica.

Kam

I'm not swappng the Supra, just thinking of something over a 2ltr which is over 26mpg and reasonably quick for business miles.

I'd love a Celica as well but they didn't do over a 2ltr variant as far as I know.

Guest jdwals

Well - I have gone and done it.

Picked up a 1996 2ltr 4th gen at the weekend.

113,000 miles on it but good bit of work done on the car the last few years - new clutch, radiator, battery, distributor, and four new tyres.

Bodywork is in fair condition - no rusting on the wheel arches, just a small little bit on the front passenger side that a bit of sand paper and a touch up paint will fix. Has a sun roof and a small bit of bubbling under the rim of the sun roof.

Small few bits needing to be done - the ariel won't retract even though I can hear the motor working. The dimmer function for the fuel/temp gauge is flickering when the lights are on (the gauges dim and brighten) so I need to get it out and tighten whatever is lose. Bumper has some scratches so could do with a respary.

Overall I am quiet happy with it. The Prelude has super seats fitted as standard so long trips are easy. They handle very well and even though I went with the 2ltr version this time, it is still nice to drive.

I will get another Supra down the line but for now the Prelude is not a bad way to get about.

Here are some pics:

Guest jdwals

What is the CRX del Sol like? Getting one of those was an option - they look nice and the roof is a strong selling point but they also look kinda small and with a lot of my driving being motorway I was a little worried about how they would handle that kind of driving.