The mkiv Supra Owners Club

recommend me a work horse for >£3000

mathew

due to the mileage im now doing im looking for an alternative to the supra to use on a daily basis. i need it to be more economical than the supra,to be able to tow a small boat and be reliable (hopefully). im open to suggestions wether it be an estate, hatchback or saloon. any suggestions guys?

edit: title should be less than, not more than

has anyone had any experience of a freelander?

found one near me in really good condition and at a really good price. the only off putting thing is that its only a 1.8

Stay away from anything landrover if you want reliability and low maintenance, especially the gaylander. I speak from experience of both.

:( i liked the look on it as well

Me too mate, kit-wise they are great, lovely looking, very nice inside, comfy etc. just go wrong a lot. My disco td5 has cost me the best part of a grand since last October, and that's doing most of the work myself. The inlaw's 1.8 freelander has cost even more than that.

Ive also had a couple of pajeros in the past and they never missed a beat, if i were you i'd stick to japanese, for £3k you'd get a nice shogun.

Stay away from anything landrover if you want reliability and low maintenance, especially the gaylander. I speak from experience of both.

Unless you get a new one then don't bother.

As said nothing but hassle.

Hilux may be suitable and plenty about, the import surf models are fairly cheap but nothing that large will be brilliant on fuel.

BMW 525td, fantastic engines and cheap.

Or landcruiser, very reliable but big engines

But i suppose it depends on how much weight you will be pulling along.

Any ideas?

But i suppose it depends on how much weight you will be pulling along.

Any ideas?

not sure on the weight, it shouldnt be too much as it will only be a trailer and a 16ft boat.

any views on the mg ZT? they seem to be going for ridiculously small money

has anyone had any experience of a freelander?

found one near me in really good condition and at a really good price. the only off putting thing is that its only a 1.8

Yes, what a POS. Toylike and improper 4 WD, it's really a front wheel drive with a Mickey Mouse drive to the back wheels. Nightmare to work on, with the build quality of a wannabe refugee's Calais shack.