The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

tbourner

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine them doing a worse job than the other two, really.

I can, very easily. A *MORE* fair society? Jeez, how much more of my tax can go to dead legs, single mothers and wastrels? Their immigration policy seems none existent, their green tendencies worrying. Their sudden appeal can be squarely blamed on X factor politics courtesy of "The Debate" and young people liking his approach whilst remaining clueless *#^@wits about his policies.

I can, very easily. A *MORE* fair society? Jeez, how much more of my tax can go to dead legs, single mothers and wastrels? Their immigration policy seems none existent, their green tendencies worrying. Their sudden appeal can be squarely blamed on X factor politics courtesy of "The Debate" and young people liking his approach whilst remaining clueless *#^@wits about his policies.

I thought they said they were going to shoot the poor, infirm and illegal immigrants, and recycle them to produce new cleaner power for everyone? Something like that, anyway :)

Maybe Dermot O'Dreary should host the next debate with a big X above each of the bleeders and dunk them in custard if they fuck up. :)

I thought they said they were going to shoot the poor, infirm and illegal immigrants, and recycle them to produce new cleaner power for everyone? Something like that, anyway :)

Maybe Dermot O'Dreary should host the next debate with a big X above each of the bleeders and dunk them in custard if they fuck up. :)

Custard wouldn't be my choice ;)

I had the idea that they should all be tied to a stake, and the gas turned up when people started to get annoyed/frustrated at their answers. It would definitely sort them out, and even if the winner was a little charred, at least we'd have the truth from him! :)

Lib Dem are pro EU and pro Euro, they want to get rid of Trident and not have any nuke deterrant, and AFAICT have limited policies on slowing immigration or controlling it.

So.... I'm out.

//edit:

The lib dems are planning on taking large amounts of funding away from road maintenance/improvements in order to invest more in rail networks...

Ooh I forgot that one, I'm very out.

Although most of them seem to be swaying in that direction.

The last 30 years have been a sequence of failures in just about all departments , govt after govt , whoever takes over now ,will inherit the problems - so far I have yet to see any smart people who seem to understand the implications or indeed have the answers , possibly Vince cable as an exception

The largest failure of all was the failure to understand the effects of an exponential curve

We really need professional people in charge ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that rules out most politicians then , they seem mostly to have never actually worked in a job , and are career politicians who live in a type of parallel world

Thats why you see some of the stupidest things happen over and over again .....ie the 2 billion quids worth of tamiflu we now own , even though no one actually caught the flu .. the list is endless

More tax anyone ....not the answer but its coming ...

I received my postal voting papers today and was shocked to see that as well as the BNP you can actually vote for the National Front, then this afternoon I actually had a National Front campaign flyer posted through the door :shock:

Something that REALLY disturbed me, I managed to flick over to sky news last night where they were rebroadcasting the 22nd debate.

The views on nuclear weapons is frankly rather shocking....

Even 30 or so years after the cold war, they still regard having nuclear weapons as a deterant. It dawned on me that this is flawed for a good few reasons..

1.) Who would we launch against?

2.) Why are we still willy waving with nukes

3.) Given that we can't find the taliban at the moment, if they did set off a dirty bomb what would we do, nuke Pakistan, Iraq....

I REALLY am suprised that nuclear weapons are still regarded as deterant, and lets be honest, 1 single decent (read megaton) device would sink this little island and what it didn't destroy would be in severe trouble...Then if one of the so-called 'nuclear treaty' countries did something there would be political outcry. It is just MAD.

How can people be so frakking short sighted.