The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

tbourner

It's totally ridiculous for a party that could have the greatest number of votes but may not have enough MP's to form the next government. :blink:

Precisely! Give me real proportional representation and I might bother my arse to go down to the polling station for the first time in my life!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the debate the Lib dems came out on top, is anyone now swinging their vote or sticking to what they originally selected?

I was going to vote for Lib Dem, but since taking that recent quiz, I've been informed I'm more suited to being a BNP supporter. Allegedly! :blink:

I was going to vote for Lib Dem, but since taking that recent quiz, I've been informed I'm more suited to being a BNP supporter. Allegedly! :blink:

Strangely most people I know that have taken it have come out the same, including people that would under BNP power be seen as none British :blink:

Dude, Its hardly some kind of white supremacist site. :D

They(The BNP) just say what others don't dare to say due to PC reasons.

I know they will never become the next government but I respect them for saying things that no-one else does by rewarding them with my vote.

And Benyon.. :p

If you ever grew up with the national front/BNP as your neighbours then you would understand why voting for them would be a disaster.

To put it into layman's term, it is a bit like Al-Qadea turning round & saying "We are now changing our policies & will no longer be doing suicide bombings or killing people who attack us. Instead we will be using the training America provided us to good use & will be helping the UK in army work which needs to be carried out, vote for us as you will be safe."

Thing I am seeing most of in this thread is "I am not voting because I can't make a difference".. Surely this is why we are over-run with super safe seats? There is not 1 man or Jack I know that is happy about the state of our fine nation be it for one reason or another.

Lets face it there are nations that tax heavier than we do but with all honesty they also provide better services. Our stealth tax system that was indeed started by the tory government has been utterly perfected by the labour party. There appears no way out be it left or right. So fuck it vote bnp or ukip and tell these fuckwits that think they rule the roost that they need to sort their shit out. The and I'll be polite c*nts that run this country have legislated so you feel ineffective in your voting potential. Its little more than a dictatorship with the same party running under different flags. Its like giving you the choice between ariel and persil, both powders made by the same manufacturer and neither cleaning your clothes when it all gets sh*tty, sometimes you really do need a damn good clean out. I do not and cannot advocate the policies displayed by the heavy right wing parties but I Have to say I am gutted at seeing our country utterly brought to its knees by our current government. I am for the first time in my life going to make a difference, I am going to add if necessary my 0.0001 vote to a pile and for once seeing where it goes.

Thing I am seeing most of in this thread is "I am not voting because I can't make a difference".. Surely this is why we are over-run with super safe seats? There is not 1 man or Jack I know that is happy about the state of our fine nation be it for one reason or another.

Lets face it there are nations that tax heavier than we do but with all honesty they also provide better services. Our stealth tax system that was indeed started by the tory government has been utterly perfected by the labour party. There appears no way out be it left or right. So fuck it vote bnp or ukip and tell these fuckwits that think they rule the roost that they need to sort their shit out. The and I'll be polite c*nts that run this country have legislated so you feel ineffective in your voting potential. Its little more than a dictatorship with the same party running under different flags. Its like giving you the choice between ariel and persil, both powders made by the same manufacturer and neither cleaning your clothes when it all gets sh*tty, sometimes you really do need a damn good clean out. I do not and cannot advocate the policies displayed by the heavy right wing parties but I Have to say I am gutted at seeing our country utterly brought to its knees by our current government. I am for the first time in my life going to make a difference, I am going to add if necessary my 0.0001 vote to a pile and for once seeing where it goes.

I'm not into politics heavily either, and to be honest have never voted in my life until recently when I voted in the local elections.

I fully accept that my views aren't going to be represented by any of the real possible winners.

So I'm going to vote politically I, my logic is that I really don't want labour or tory to win because I believe they are all crooks. Voting BNP in my view is a waste of time, a) I don't subscribe to their views, and b) they won't affect the government sufficiently, (That is the one extreme), so that leaves me with choice of three evils.

As much as I think Clegg is a complete plonker, his party stands the biggest chance of being a thorn in the side of what I consider is the only two winners; being Labour and Tory who I don't want to get an easy ride.

whats the point in voting anyway. whoever gets it will only drag us under even more, with stealth taxes and higher fuel prices etc.

That's the spirit, apathy is always the best way to make things how you want them to be :rolleyes:

Have you read any of the manifestos yet?

If you don't vote for at least one of the main parties, then in a short space of time the more extremist parties (BNP etc) will eventually gain power. You don't want to be doing that.

Some of you probably don't remember Herr Hitler, but he promised lots of nice things to the Germans of the time, but that didn't go too well!

Take heed, indeed! :)

Jesus, talk about getting personal. :rolleyes:

There's no place for fascism in this country and anyone who supports the BNP and their ludicrous, twisted and aggressive policies is either deranged, ignorant, dim-witted or a twat - or a dangerous combination of all four.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you're an exception, so here's your chance to tell us exactly why allowing the rise of fascism and the BNP would be a smart option for Britain today.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you're an exception, so here's your chance to tell us exactly why allowing the rise of fascism and the BNP would be a smart option for Britain today.

Like I said earlier, they would give us a short term solution to many of our problems, we would probably have a couple of years of good things, then it would all go to sh*t and (as implied) they may get very power corrupt and turn into an extreme fascist dictatorship.

They are extremely deluded as well, thinking they can be so blatantly racist and bigotted, if they just toned it down a notch or 10 they would get so many more votes! Why not say they will prevent future immigration unless you have lots of money or you can come here temporarily on a visa and if you work consistently for 1 year you get allowed in etc. Rather than saying anyone who isn't 25,000 years British will be kicked out!! They can't even define their own principles on the subject!!

I still don't have a clue what their other policies are either, because (despite Griffin saying he doesn't want to be a one policy party) the press keep coming back to immigration whenever they talk to him!! I know they don't believe in human effected climate change and will likely ruin the world because of it, but at least they don't want to join the Euro and want to come out of EU - unlike Clegg!

The BNP haven't even published a manifesto - is this because they don't have much to say beyond "sent them all back to where they came from" to solve all the issues in the country? I suspect so.

Their transport "policy"

Increased investment is needed in Britain’s public transport system to bring it up to the highest standards in the world. The fiasco of rail privatisation with different companies running services and track leading to higher fares and lower safety also needs to be resolved. Congestion of our towns and cities must be eased by the provision of greater incentives to use rail and bus transport instead of private cars. The first step is to end the crime and squalor that puts so many people off public transport. Motorists must not be made the scapegoats for government failure. Fuel tax should be cut, motorway speed limits raised, and hidden speed cameras should be banned. Far more must be done to encourage the development and use of cleaner fuels.

Where does the money come from?

Environment...

The British National Party is this nation’s only true Green party which has policies that will actually save the environment.

Unlike the fake “Greens” who are merely a front for the far left of the Labour regime, the BNP is the only party to recognise that overpopulation – whose primary driver is immigration, as revealed by the government’s own figures – is the cause of the destruction of our environment.

Furthermore, the BNP’s manifesto states that a BNP government will make it a priority to stop building on green land. New housing should wherever possible be built on derelict “brown land.”

Other environmentally friendly policies which the BNP has in its manifesto include:

- The removal of unsightly overhead power lines from beauty spots and their burial underground;

- The creation of a bulk transport tax regime that pushes supermarkets to supply more local and seasonal produce;

- The encouragement of an extensive and rapid switchover to organic and low fossil fuel farming techniques;

- The banning of the ritual slaughter of animals without pre-stunning, and the sale of such meat;

- The elimination of the unhealthy, energy intensive and cruel factory farming of livestock;

- The abolition of all “stealth taxes” and other charges on household rubbish collections.

Britain is one of the most densely populated countries in the world and our population is increasing — due entirely to immigration — which necessitates the building of ever more homes, which in turn places a strain on our infrastructure such as transport and water supplies.

Independent environmental organisations believe that Britain’s population needs to be significantly reduced. Our immigration policies will achieve this.

Together with independent environmental organisations the BNP recognises that Britain’s environmentally sustainable carrying capacity is substantially lower than its present population.

With regard to the transport problem and the environmental impact it has, BNP policy is also refreshingly different.

A BNP government will:

- Develop alternative transport fuels such as bio-diesel and hydrogen;

- Develop renewable energy sources such as off-shore wind farms, wave, tidal and solar energy;

- Investigate the feasibility of cutting-edge, intrinsically-safe, fast-breeder nuclear stations;

- Invest in a high-speed, magnetic levitation, inter-city rail network;

- Allow the building of a new privately-funded airport on reclaimed land in the Thames estuary to reduce the pressure on, and stop the constant expansion of, the South East’s airports.

Oil and gas are finite resources, rapidly being depleted. Prices are going to continue to rise significantly and this will place a heavy burden on both industry and private consumers. Furthermore, as we are becoming increasingly dependent on energy from unstable and potentially unfriendly foreign powers we are becoming ever more vulnerable to economic blackmail or even harm. ‘Peak Oil’ is a clear and imminent danger to our economy and society, so Britain needs to invest in new technologies and be broadly self-sufficient in terms of energy.

Finally, the BNP accepts that climate change, of whatever origin, is a threat to Britain. Current evidence suggests that some of it may be man-made; even if this is not the case, then the principle of ‘better safe than sorry’ applies and we should try to minimise the emission of greenhouse gases and other pollutants

The word "investment" gets used a lot but there is no real mention of who supplies this investment to make these things happen.

http://www.general-election-2010.co.uk/

Most people down the pub that bend my ear on politics seem to want something like the BNP, but more right wing. They only talk about it in whispers, and to people they know, but the trend to the right in rural areas seems to have escalated in the last few months. There was much disenchantment that we do not have a local BNP candidate and the nearest was a UKIP lady candidate, who, apparently, WAS a BNP member but shifted over. There are a few entrenched labour voters, but they drink in the public bar, and only make guttural noises, so it's hard to get a handle on their opinions. Their main concerns seem to be the price of beer and fags, and what the barmaid is(n't) wearing this week. ;)