The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

tbourner

What is the real power of your vote?

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

Thanks for that - just when I thought I had an opportunity to make a difference!!.

In Preston, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.062 votes

The telegraph suggested UKIP initially but when I added BNP to the mix they came out on top :(

Mike

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the pirate party manifesto the other day. some good sugestions! (and its not bollocks like enforced eye patch wairing)

Things like getting rid of DRM and big updates to copyright law that make it illegal to put a cd onto your ipod (which i didnt know was illegal).

Also plenty of other things like the use of CCTV and privacy.

I'm definately not voting conservative. :eyebrows:

I live in an ultra safe labour seat so I don't know if I can be bothered to vote at all. I know if everyone did that blah blah blah, but they don't. :blink:

I checked that voterpower site and my area has been labour since 1935 and it's only classed as 'very safe', how long does it have to be controlled for it to be 'ultra safe'!?

I checked that voterpower site and my area has been labour since 1935 and it's only classed as 'very safe', how long does it have to be controlled for it to be 'ultra safe'!?

I think it's to do with overall majority as well.

Preston for instance was 48.65% labour in 2005, with 21% Conservative and 20% liberal democrats. It would take a huge swing to displace labour here so therefore Ultra Safe :(

Mike

i read the pirate party manifesto the other day. some good sugestions! (and its not bollocks like enforced eye patch wairing)

Things like getting rid of DRM and big updates to copyright law that make it illegal to put a cd onto your ipod (which i didnt know was illegal).

Also plenty of other things like the use of CCTV and privacy.

What are their plans for health and the environment or would that diffuse their purpose?

another 5 years of brown and his crew and we will all be living in a box

A cardboard box?

:D

I'll take the porcupine please.

Same. I won't be voting for any of the main 3 parties, they're all as useless as each other. I'll be voting for whatever comedy party is standing in our area, I like the idea of a hung parliament/possible coalition government.

I'm with you comrade :D

All the tories on here are too young to remember how it was Thatcherism that started the rot in the '80s, the result of which is being blamed on Labour now!

Yes completely short memories :(

Best things were getting rid of free opticians, result of policy adults just don't go to get their eye sight checked because of cost. Same for dentists. If the tories have their way they would do the same to the NHS given a chance.

Also huge under investment in roads have left them in the state they are in today. There's no point giving tax breaks so you are then underfunding the public services we all want.

The reason Labour have despite their long tenure haven't sorted the roads is because it would cost billions and to pay for it you would need to raise taxes which is unpopular. They were also focusing money on underinvested nhs, schools and the like when they came to power (the pot is only so big).

(the pot is only so big).

And how much of this pot is invested and spent on other countries and europe to keep them all happy, I say feck the lot of them and spend the money here, let them sort themselves out.

I am more than happy to help others once our own place is back up to scratch.

And how much of this pot is invested and spent on other countries and europe to keep them all happy, I say feck the lot of them and spend the money here, let them sort themselves out.

I am more than happy to help others once our own place is back up to scratch.

I agree completely Wez, that infuriates me too. This is probably why the voters choice suggested i should vote BNP or UKIP, I wondered if it might be loaded in their favour.

To clarify I wont be

Reducing the population will solve all the problems we have, so technically BNP will save the country, but it seems similar to cutting off your arm to lose weight - you'd get a great score in weight watchers that night but you've screwed up the rest of your life in the process!

Yes completely short memories :(

Best things were getting rid of free opticians, result of policy adults just don't go to get their eye sight checked because of cost. Same for dentists. If the tories have their way they would do the same to the NHS given a chance.

Also huge under investment in roads have left them in the state they are in today. There's no point giving tax breaks so you are then underfunding the public services we all want.

The reason Labour have despite their long tenure haven't sorted the roads is because it would cost billions and to pay for it you would need to raise taxes which is unpopular. They were also focusing money on underinvested nhs, schools and the like when they came to power (the pot is only so big).

How is thatcher responsible for the state of the country today (12 years under labour).....:blink:

We pay far too much in tax as it is, you seem to think that its not enough....

I heard some excerpts from the Green Party's manifesto on the radio yesterday. Maybe its not an accurate sample, but I heard:

1) Tax the rich heavily.

2) Don't tax the poor.

3) Tax drivers heavily to "force them off the roads".

4) Stop all nuclear power generation.

5) Pull our troops out of foreign wars.

6) Legailse marijuana.

I thought they were becoming a more serious political force, but this crap sounds like it was written by a grumpy first year university student. Presumably after I changed channels they started playing "The Age Of Aquarius" and went over to Neil from the Young Ones for an in depth analysis.

....or simply because the population is seen as being 'a bit dim'.

Having listened to some of the interviews on the news last night I think it's a fair assumption.

"I finks dat de undred an fiffy parnds for bein marrieds is a gud fing coz I dunt get nuffink for livin wiv mi man awl dis time"

Yeah... great reason to pick one party over another.