The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

tbourner

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about politics, but I would like to have a say so I need to learn what all the parties are doing really. Didn't they release some manifestos today or something? Don't they have a manifesto all the time then or do they make a new one before an election?

its a promise to the electorate , once in power they enact these promises , so in effect there is a perminant manifesto to work from , a new one is created at election time however that will be labours downfall , after 13 yrs in power the changes they would offer in a manifesto should already be in place so to offer something unique would be to go against what they have done for the last 3 terms

Whichever one is going to sort out our crappy broadband connections in the UK.

Everything else we'll still get shafted on regardless of who is running the show! We are pretty much at the bottom of the list in the 'Developed' world, behind countries like Slovakia, Belgium, Iceland, Poland, Portugal etc etc. Korea has an AVERAGE connection speed of 60 mbps!! UK has an average of around 4 mbps!!

So whichever political party can sort out the digital infrastructure will swing it for me because, let's face it, they won't lower petrol prices or anything else by any significant margins ... so I may as well be able to watch YouTube faster!

Jeez! Slim pickings there as far as I'm concerned. Do I vote or not? There's no party that I would say I felt wholly comfortable voting for and yet I feel that to not vote is the worst political act one can make.

I find myself in the same boat, not wanting to support anyone but considering where my vote could do the most damage towards the top 3 that I don't want to get into 'more' power.

UKIP Came up for me

I find myself in the same boat, not wanting to support anyone but considering where my vote could do the most damage towards the top 3 that I don't want to get into 'more' power.

UKIP Came up for me

I don't mind supporting a party as long it was a party I shared ideals with. The chances of seeing any party with Anarcho-something in their title on polling day is extremely remote.

Jeez! Slim pickings there as far as I'm concerned.

Same here. Even that Telegraph quiz suggested my best match was Labour, but at only 52%.

That figures - I don't see any party which is talking about the subjects that I really want to hear.

This place is so right wing,

Dude, Its hardly some kind of white supremacist site. :D

They(The BNP) just say what others don't dare to say due to PC reasons.

I know they will never become the next government but I respect them for saying things that no-one else does by rewarding them with my vote.

And Benyon.. :p