The mkiv Supra Owners Club

leaving sky insurance for 2gether

downimpact

hi homer i have just spoken to Gary from 2gether and he would like to contact you(the club) so he can offer there best quotes he is getting back to me later today with a better quote i will keep you up dated

He can contact me at homer at mkivsupra.net

Not impressed with them so far. I used to be insured with Markerstudy (via Sky) on my single car and had a paid a reasonable price (about £700). Quite how the quote arrived at £7.5k on the 2gether website is a bit bemusing. Their system also returned the car as an RZ, when it's (correctly) shown as a GZ on other insurance companies system.

lol least they called you guys back!!! i spent ages on the phone with Admiral, Sky and 2gether and recieved f*** all in response, but now have managed to source insurance from Elephant of all places :D

Admiral and Elephant are the same company mate. I had a terrible experience with Elephant when it came to a claim, lost out on £4.5k due to their incompetence.

seems strange that Admiral wouldnt touch me, but Elephant would?

Not really. Same company, but different divisions having presumably different underwriting policies. It's like a company having 2 faces: for example, one to appeal to (and marketed at) younger drivers, another to appeal to (and marketed at) older ones.

Best price wins until you need them to help you with a claim - hope they are OK in that respect or that you never need to find out.

Wise words as ever. Cheapest may not necessarily be the best. I understand people are price motivated but personally I'd pay more to be with a company who support the Owners Club and know the cars inside and out.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Oh and Sky refuse to insure me fully comp until I'm 25, even then there TPF+F quote was very steep.

Hi,

this may be down to your postcode rather than yourself. m In some postcodes where our underwriters' have a higher than normal claims/loss ratio, we have extra criteria that needs to be met, eg age restrictions.

Some of these have been relaxed in the last couple of months so give us a try again!

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Wise words as ever. Cheapest may not necessarily be the best. I understand people are price motivated but personally I'd pay more to be with a company who support the Owners Club and know the cars inside and out.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Yes I would agree for a few percent difference but 26% is considerable. I hope Sky is more competitive next year as the service has always been good. Now I've left though will I be able to get agreed valuation again?

• 1 month later...

I am waiting on 2gether getting back to me and hopefully Sky will get back to me today as well, I hope Sky comes back cheapest as I would prefer to use them if it is affordable.

I will post both figures when I get them.

Edit:

Sky: £650 9yrs ncd 33yrs old (huge declared mods list)

2gether: said they cannot come close to £650