The mkiv Supra Owners Club

leaving sky insurance for 2gether

downimpact

Just thought I'd post up after years of being with Sky who have always matched the cheapest offer I've had this year said they couldn't :(

Every year they have tried to increase the premium and I've had to go and find someone cheaper, this year the renewal was from £479 (I paid last year) to £550.

This year I tried a company called 2gether insurance, someone previously posted about them and they've come in at £350. Took this back to sky and they couldn't even match last years premium.

Sky service has been good and would like to have remained with the club insurer but price wins.

Wow, £350 is amazing as long as the cover's decent.

Same fully comp with agreed valuation, protected ncb etc. I was amazed. Further speaking to Sky they said that insurance premiums on average have risen 10-15% YOY, wonder if that's in part due to the bad winter with lots of insurance claims.

Just renewed with sky for the fifth year running, still cheaper every year and always able to match/beat cheaper quotes from other insurers - More than happy with the service.

Insurance prices are different for everyone in different areas of the country so I guess you were unlucky

Admiral for me. I've got a multi-car policy with the C6 Corvette, Saab 9-3 diesel and Jag X-type Estate (The last 2 cars have business use on them too) All with full European cover and protected no claims. Total policy price - £760.

I only pay about £300 for the 'vette on this policy - other companies have quoted me more just for that car alone.

Well I just tried 2gether:

Their best 3 quotes from them:

£1,894.20

£3,043.55

£7,543.81

£7.5k to insure an NA, hahaha!!

hi homer i have just spoken to Gary from 2gether and he would like to contact you(the club) so he can offer there best quotes he is getting back to me later today with a better quote i will keep you up dated

Admiral for me. I've got a multi-car policy with the C6 Corvette, Saab 9-3 diesel and Jag X-type Estate (The last 2 cars have business use on them too) All with full European cover and protected no claims. Total policy price - £760.

I only pay about £300 for the 'vette on this policy - other companies have quoted me more just for that car alone.

Unreal!

Admiral are fine unless you have a few mods. They will not cover them at all (only replacing things like after market bumper for example, with a standard one) and only allow 4 or 5 to be named on the policy.

I was with them initially as when I bought the Supra I already had a policy with them. On renewal they wanted something like £850+ and weren't interested in the mods. I've found them great for 'regular' policies though.

Here are my best 3 quotes from 2gether.

I am currently with Sky at a premium of £950, I was 24 when I took out the policy with 6 years NCB.

1. Highway Import - £2,827.65

2. ZENITH DIST - £3,923.81

3. Markerstudy PC - Refer :blink:

Here are my best 3 quotes from 2gether.

I am currently with Sky at a premium of £950, I was 24 when I took out the policy with 6 years NCB.

1. Highway Import - £2,827.65

2. ZENITH DIST - £3,923.81

3. Markerstudy PC - Refer :blink:

mine's with KGM@loyds via 2gether

Must really depend on circumstances.