The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5" to 4" Stainless steel reducer?

JamieP

Im building a 5" exhaust system for my car and all i need now is a reducer so i can mount the 4" Vband to the 5" exhaust.

Any ideas where i can get one or who will make me one?

My welder can make something up if needed but will look a bit messy, would rather a nice stubby cone reducer.

I bet 5" will ground everywhere, I was going to go 2 X 3" then back into a 6" box at the rear, that way you keep ground clearance and end up with an even bigger exhaust.

Loads of the yanks run them without problems, my 4" is tucked right up so cant see an extra inch making much difference mate, trouble with going twin 3" is you have lots of restrictive bends.

Either way its just for when i want to make some noise, im also having whifbitz make me a quiet twin box 4" system.

Loads of the yanks run them without problems, my 4" is tucked right up so cant see an extra inch making much difference mate, trouble with going twin 3" is you have lots of restrictive bends.

Either way its just for when i want to make some noise, im also having whifbitz make me a quiet twin box 4" system.

You wont get restrictive bends dude, for a bend to be restrictive it would need to be very tight, we will prob go for twin 3 or 31/2" and either 3 or 5 boxes to keep it quiet, the yanks end up flattening or oblonging the systems , I dont really think the 4" is a restriction until you get to the biggest T6 turbos, there are plenty of stock inlet/3" 9 sec 1000hp yank cars about.

Yup, ill have some pics early next week, they are also making me a back box with a 5" inlet and outlet with nothing in it, they basically just roll a sheet of steel. should sound sweet:D

You're a pimp dude :), how loud will this set-up be?

I'll be running a 4" straight pipe myself, no box. I guess it will be quite rude.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.