The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone else think the Ferrari 458 is hideous?

j_jza80

F430 rear lights look wrong - like the enzo's look wrong. Looks rushed, unfinished and totally ruins the look of the car imo. Especially comparing it to f40/f50/355/360/550/456 etc.

Muira was an exception btw ;)

Ferrari 456?? Looks good???

*shudder*

Hideous, just hideous! Look like they should only be driven by lard-ar$e, cigar-smoking, middle-aged businessmen.

Interesting Soop Dogg. I think the 456 (besides holding the title at the time for being the worlds fastest 4 seater), actually can hold 4 adults comfortably. Is not super in your face. And incredibly majestic and timeless in my opinion. Interior is incredibly classy unlike the usual black crap. lol.

I'd definitely buy one (infact I almost did).

Interesting Soop Dogg. I think the 456 (besides holding the title at the time for being the worlds fastest 4 seater), actually can hold 4 adults comfortably. Is not super in your face. And incredibly majestic and timeless in my opinion. Interior is incredibly classy unlike the usual black crap. lol.

I'd definitely buy one (infact I almost did).

Sorry - don't care.

I don't care how fast it is/was, how many fat ar$es it can carry together with their golf-clubs & cigars (or how comfortably), or how 'majestic' it may have been.

It's a Ferrari - it's supposed to be at least a little in your face. I remember looking at one of these that was up for sale for over £30K a few years back. The price was inflated because one certain M. Schumacher was the previous owner. I could hardly contain my indifference. Totally underwhelmed by it, TBH.

If I wanted to buy a car of this ilk, I'd buy an Aston or a Bentley. At least then it wouldn't be the 'old-blokes' model in a range of younger looking, in your face supercars.

(I know I'm being a bit harsh here, but I really dislike the 456 - in case you hadn't picked up on that already)

This £230,000 458 is supposed to replace the £150,000 F430?

I personally find the F430 a better looking car than the 458, it just does not scream I am a Ferrari, its just screams I am one of the Super car lot. It could be that the car is not in red, which I admit makes the curves of the body work better and gives you a Ferrari reminder but my biggest disappointment is the interior. Looks like they spent so much time copying a a dash off a Mercedes CL600 they forgot to do the rest of the interior.

Would I buy it? Personally no, Then again I am the kind of guy who wouldn't buy a Bugatti Veyron if I had the money.

The last Ferrari was the F355, they lost there magic after that(the 360 still had a little bit of magic, but nothing like the one's from the 80's).

I still sit in hope that another proper Ferrari will be made that won't have Enzo turning in his grave, this 458 is just another ugly monstrosity to suit the footballers and doesn't deserve the badge in my opinion :(

IMHO, the 458 is completely full of win. It's stunning, ground-breaking and unique.

I don't get the animosity against new-age Fezzas personally. I think the 599 is one of the all-time best looking cars, and I'd have one in a heartbeat. I suspect people's impressions are largely based on the want/wallet ratio.

I think the 599 is a stunning car, but the new GTO version looks crap.