The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone else think the Ferrari 458 is hideous?

j_jza80

Last decent looking ferrari was 360. Gone downhill looks wise ever since. Likewise diablo was best looking lambo. All gone downhill since.

Purely on looks and wow factor mind.

They still look good but not as good as the older variants. Good news is 360 and diablo can be attained for 40k now :D

Last decent looking ferrari was 360. Gone downhill looks wise ever since. Likewise diablo was best looking lambo. All gone downhill since.

Purely on looks and wow factor mind.

They still look good but not as good as the older variants. Good news is 360 and diablo can be attained for 40k now :D

I'd maybe agree with the Diablo (although i'm keen on the Muira too) But I think the 360 is horrid. The F430 facelift sorted it out though.

IMHO, the 458 is completely full of win. It's stunning, ground-breaking and unique.

I don't get the animosity against new-age Fezzas personally. I think the 599 is one of the all-time best looking cars, and I'd have one in a heartbeat. I suspect people's impressions are largely based on the want/wallet ratio.

I suspect people's impressions are largely based on the want/wallet ratio.

Don't think its that to be honest. In all seriousness looks will always be subjective.

I just think modern day cars generally don't have the wow factor anymore.

The mkiv supra made my jaw drop when I first saw one. Looked like nothing else on the road. That 458 certainly doesn't do that.

I think its to do with given the current financial times, no car manufacturer wants to risk creating a supercar which looks totally new and different for fear it'll potentially financially ruin the company. So established manufacturers are being far more cautious and designing closely along the lines of previously successful models and deliberately not trying anything too radical anymore. Porsche takes that ethos to all new heights hardly making any changes each time they claim to make a new 911 :rolleyes:

Price has little to do with it in my opinion. Though in all fairness if that 458 was £10k I'd say it looks a lot better than I am giving it credit for. But for £200k ?!?!? You are having a laugh right ;)

I'd agree looks are subjective :) you can't argue with the technical highlights of new Ferraris though.

However, I can't agree on this:

I think its to do with given the current financial times, no car manufacturer wants to risk creating a supercar which looks totally new and different for fear it'll potentially financially ruin the company.

Because:

http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/18218bugatti-veyron-big.jpg

http://log.autogespot.com/09-2007/pagani/1.jpg

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/gumpert-apollo-with-jet.jpg