The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to Japan for a year

lockys96

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really got the feeling that the Japanese still have proper, sincere respect for each other, which is more than can be said for Brits who seem to spend a lot of their time trying to get one up one each other.

yeh, they seem to aspire to brits.

they are very polite, if you buy something from a respected shop, they follow you out to front of shop and bow.

i was worried about getting my camera stolen, but my gf assured me there not like that, just watch out for your own foreigners.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have no chance as well :( (it flight is before 1pm - it will already be cancelled as all airspace has been closed to then.)

If it helps the NATS website will be updated at 2.30am this morning with whether they will close airspace for the whole day :)

http://www.nats.co.uk/

mum meant to be coming back from tenerife tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i was in luck, managed to get on the flight thursday and arrived in tokyo and finally met up with my gf here after 26hrs of being awake, i bet there is still a back log of people trying to get somewhere, count myself lucky.

so im now staying in our new home with my gf, ive not been away from home (parents), now i/we have our own space, nothing beats that.

i also had the breifest of interviews today, and i start work tuesday teaching english to young children mostly 1 to 1 lessons. get 2days off a week, monday & thursday. working 9-6, and i couldnt find anyone in the UK to give me a job.

things are on the up and looking brighter

keep you posted with what im upto,

im just near ikebukuro, and visited the amlux - toyota centre again and they have a lexus gt500 sc in there, its a work of art, would love to watch some super-gt

• 3 months later...

So been working and living here now for 4months, its just great, best thing i ever did in my life, life has turned from boring to full and interesting.

So much has happened, i now have a kid on the way in 6 months time, im excited, getting married soon.

Moving apartment next month to something bigger, in tokyo, space is mega expensive, in a tiny 28.8m2 apartment just bigger enough for 2 living together.

Moving into a 42.8m2 apartment 50% bigger, as need the space for baby, yeh, it really doesnt sound bug though, eh. could rent a reasonable house in UK.

I have an interview for a new job next week, as im trying to better my position here, of course now every little helps. Looking at staying here a few years now, not expecting to come straight back just yet.

Had to make the decision to brake my pride and joy, bye bye mr2 history, lol.

Just life is very busy now..

Glad to read you're doing well!! Sometimes a change is the best medicine and it sounds like you've done it!

I presume you have a Japanese gf? Can you speak much? I heard they don't speak English a great deal over there?

I want to visit at some point... it's an amazing country.