The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to Japan for a year

lockys96

Paked in my job beginning of december, went to Tokyo for 3 weeks in January, liked it so much i applied for a Working holiday visa, and have received it allready, took 1 week.

So ive booked a flight for next friday 16th and im off for a year.

Looking for work is becoming boring here, so off to the land which i find interesting, well see how it goes out there, lol.

500,000 yen to my name or £3500.

fancy finding out if there are any time attack series at tsukuba anymore? if anyone knows anything that i should try to see this year, let me know.

Si:)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, i booked only 2 weeks in jan, i was ill for 3days, and went quick which made me extend it another week when out there.

i have sorted out a place to rent with my gf who lives there, being a gaijin and getting a contract for 1 year on property is difficult

yeh, i booked only 2 weeks in jan, i was ill for 3days, and went quick which made me extend it another week when out there.

i have sorted out a place to rent with my gf who lives there, being a gaijin and getting a contract for 1 year on property is difficult

Having local knowledge with you will be golden, I was very well looked after by the chefs I met there (was a working holiday), they really know how to enjoy themselves as well, the bars are amazing fun, and the ladies :innocent:

enough of the ladies, im made up with my girl there.

isnt the way they try to sell things amusing, megaphones,

when i stepped off the plane, your hit by the language barrier, and plus being so far away from central tokyo, the railway system is something to get used to.

Roppongi is club land, for the tourist, found my way into a shisha bar,

enough of the ladies, im made up with my girl there.

isnt the way they try to sell things amusing, megaphones,

when i stepped off the plane, your hit by the language barrier, and plus being so far away from central tokyo, the railway system is something to get used to.

Roppongi is club land, for the tourist, found my way into a shisha bar,

Lehmans office was at Roppongi Hills :)

Language gap is huge and a but scary if you get lost as the signs are no use :):D

I loved the plastic food on plates for a menu, classic, some wierd clothes on the teenagers as well

Great fun and when it get humid ! ! good grief it was hot

Wow. Good luck out there. I'm not sure I'd want to go out into the unknown with just £3500. Better have a way out in case things turn out for the worst! I'm not saying it will come to that though!

Hope everything goes well for you out there. :) I'd love to go to Japan soon.

Really envy you mate ;) Been around Japan few times for short stints (1-2 months) and the place is absolutely fookin amazing. Forget Ibiza etc, this is the shizzle! Great food, crazy partying, a lot of fantastic ladies (!!!) and never ending things to do! If you like cars there's no other better place as well ;)

But you are right, its well hard to get a visa to remain there for long :( It's real hard to gain residency over there...compared to the UK :p

Enjoy yourself mate! You are going to have a blast!

Good luck with it, and good for you for giving it a go! I remember going around Japan (Tokyo mainly) with my brother who speaks Japanese fluently. I absolutely know what you mean about the language barrier: it makes you realise how much you can get in, say, France by having only a basic, sub-GCSE understanding of French.

Awesome place though, I really got the feeling that the Japanese still have proper, sincere respect for each other, which is more than can be said for Brits who seem to spend a lot of their time trying to get one up one each other.