The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Hub/Upright

dandan

OK guys,

I am considering starting on a custom brake setup and have spent a bit of time of measurements/fitments etc but it's hard to commit to anything or make headwat without actual parts in front of me.

I don't want to take my car off the road for three months while I work on this so I'm wondering if I should have a dummy setup for test fitting and development. I have spare suspension arms so now I'm thinking I should buy a complete front hub assemby and use that along with these arm to evaluate clearance etc.

Does anyone have anything suitable?

Cheers

Dan

p.s. I will also need something similar for the rear. (I'm not sure if it matters but my car is a 1996 facelift TT with bigger brakes from the factory)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Dan,

I have a full sub frame.... if you can cope with the passenger side being mangled.....

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Would you consider taking the upright/hub etc off the subframe? To be honest the whole subframe would be a real PITA for me and I really only need everything that is outside of the balljoints (upright/hub/drive flange etc) so that I can bolt my new discs to it and start fabricating a bracket to sit the caliper in the right place.

Longshot, but Mr Harwood 'may' have some front and rear hubs knocking about. Shoot him a PM.

Thanks Mig - I did drop him a pm but no reply yet.

Hi Dan,

Shouldn't be a problem, the subframe is "in the bin" at the moment..... i'll try and have a look at it over the weekend for you...

Cheers

Rob

Any luck yet Rob?

Good man :thumbs: Sending would suit me best mate as I'm not over your way any time soon. Is that going to be ok?

Just to check, does it include all the bits circled in red in the pic?

I don't suppose you have a back one as well do you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.