The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your claim to fame

Charlotte

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family are friends with Vinny Samways, ex tottenham player and Wayne Lineker, owner of the Lineker's Bar chain.

People to eat in our fish and chip restaurant:

Peter Aliss, Shane Ward, George Graham (10 times), Alan Sugar (twice), Theo Paphitis (3 times, he had a right laugh with my dad, both are Greek and were chatting for half an hour, he brought 15 of his family with him and the guy who owns Blackpool pier), John Higgins, John Moncur, Stephen Warnock of Aston Villa (3 times), Tim Sherwood, Alan Ball and Mike Reid (before they died), Cilla Black, the Stein brothers, Don Hutchison.

My brother met Newcastle player Fabricio Coloccini whilst at work in Toys 'R' us, arranged to meet him after a match and got his game shirt! He also sold the toy parrots to Gazza who was famously caught talking to them in public!

My neighbour Liam Noble plays for Sunderland AFC reserves (macken ****) :p

I've worked for Newcastle keeper Steve Harper in his house in Darras hall, my work collegue Dean Robertson is lead guitarist in The Tygers of Pantang

There is more, just having a memory fail atm :)

I introduced a lad called Aston Croall to rugby when I was at school. He since played for Saracens and now a regular member of the Harliquins first team.

He also represents England 'A'.

Still good friend with him now, his facebook friends are Ugo Monye and Nick Easter :)

Ive also trained with Lawrence Dellagio, Alex King and Josh Lewsey, which was covered on my local news program.

I also built a robot for Robot Wars whilst doing my apprenticeship.

Got annialated first round but video is here (Diabolus):

I was driving (not my strongest point on the team!) haha

Some fantastic claims to fame here. I'm particularly impressed by:

I saw Terry Nuttkins across a carpark in Southmolton

Jimmy Crankys husband (Ian something) Pushed passed me in Torquey

My own modest claims:

1) I went out with Sheena Easton's cousin

2) Until recently, I lived next door to Charles Ingram's (the coughing 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' guy) dad.

I'm Branners.

I've not met you, yet, but have met Posh and Ginger Spice in a video rental store in Brighton on the day they did filming for their 'brilliant' Spice Girls the movie. Victoria was nice, but Minger was rather rude and stuck up.

Had a chat with Boy George when he was DJing in a bar in Ibiza. He's a friendly chap. :)

Some of my family were Prussian Royalty.

Other than that, I've tried to keep out of the limelight. :)

My mum is friends with cheryl baker and her sister.

My brother in-law use to go out drinking with kieth from the prodigy

And my other sister used to go out with alex walkinshaw (from the bill)

But best off all is that i know blackie :D

I'm a distant member of the Royal family (One of the Princes of Wales is a great, great, etc grandfather)

Had an argument with Micheal Winner over a seat on the tube last year. The old bugger tried to push me out the way :rolleyes:

Met Michael Crawford many times (lovely chap), a close friend of my mum.

Had dinner and a few drinks at the 'bar' with Liz Hurley at family function in Sudeley castle (before she was famous).

I was bopping away next to HRH Zara Phillips in the 21 Club on Gold Cup day in Cheltenham. She knows all the lyrics to Mr Brightside and Don't Stop Me Now. :) Ruby Walsh (Kauto Star) and AP McCoy (Denman) were there along with a munchkin load of jockeys.

I have been on Top Gear and have a photo of myself and Hammond

Met Rihanna in Barbados and got a photo of her and my daughters

Stood very close to Nelson Mandela when he was doing a speech at work

Anthony Worrall Thompson and Gordon Ramsay were guest chefs at works canteen

Yeah done the Top Gear thing too. Mike Tindal (Zara's other half). Met Bernard Cribbins at my old man's restaurant. Met Jim Calaghan and Ted Heath in Salisbury Cathedral Close, bumped into Charlton Heston and Eric Sykes in Bath when I was a student, bumped into Windsor Davies in Cheltenham and Nigel Kennedy monster monster funny guy and Sharon Davies and the ex-wife/vet of Joe BBC vet (Vets in Practice), sister is mates with Adrian Lester, met James Toseland and wished him luck for 2009 (kiss of death), Jeffery Archer canvassing during an election, Dave Baddiel ... blah blah blah.

Bob Geldof gobbed on me

Jack from White Stripes knocked on my door asking when the studio next door would be open

The girl from Elastica begged me to sell her the groovy sofa that I had just bought in Camden market

My customers include Paul Weller, Shane McGowan and celebrity ginga Chris Evans

I stood next to Gordon Ramsey at the baggage carousel in Singapore airport

Bill Oddie was at the counter next to me in a hardware shop in Camden. He was complaining and giving it the old 'do you know who I am'

I saw the back of the Queen's head as she was being driven in her car down Yarm High St

Also must mention pant wettingly hilarious incident in the gents bogs during Cheltenham cricket festival. The ladies bogs was packed so some girls were using the mens. There was this one particularly drunk girl who was leaning next to the urinals watching the bloke have a slash and passing comments. It’s my turn. I’m not put off by her coz I am bursting. So I show here a few tricks like how to blast the ciggie butts down the hole and how high up the wall I can go. “Look out for the splash-back.” I warn her as she gets an arm load of spray. Off she goes. As I zip up, the guy next to me says “Thank god she’s gone. I couldn’t go.” I turn round and there’s David Gower literally wetting himself in hysterics. So was everybody else. This was about the time he was in They Think It's All Over.

1976 when my sister was born.... ended up having the entire England league rugby team come and see her and my mum in hospital. Dad is very good friends with Steve Nash and was in the pub with them all when mum gave birth.

Sat and had a few pints with greengrass (Bill Maynard) off Heartbeat

Had a few pints with most of the emmerdale cast on various nights out.

Sat and had a few pints with Richard Whitely and his family. RIP

Had a few pints with Newton Faulkner.

played golf with Greg Norman when I was younger.

Had a few pints with the Arctic Monkeys

Had a couple of pints with a few of the Hollyoaks actors.

and so on...

conclusion.......

I drink too much! :)

I'm in the music video for 'Supergrass - Alright'

The bit where they're going down the beach on a bed, i'm in the background. It was filmed in Porthmadog, North Wales. It was while i was on holiday there when i was about 14! :)

Also, i went to the same primary school as Robbie Williams. My mum was also a teacher there & she taught him. :)