The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your claim to fame

Charlotte

It wasn't sex: I'd need at least a week's notice to be able to put in that sort of drawn-out performance.

Sorry. It was a bit impertinent of me.

What was the 10 second thing?

Pehaps you could furnish us with a glimpse of what your 10 second shenanigans from 30 years ago was all about?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a magic trick done on my by David Blaine and it was televised!

I've met the owner of the fat duck a couple of times by accident in the street

Sat next to Iain McKellan on the tube couple of months ago (Gandolf - Lord of the rings)

Met a number of WWE wrestlers back stage (Mick Foley/Dudleys etc.)

Partied at a nightclub with coolio

Was a neighbour to footballer stephen carr when he was very very young

Sure there are alot more but can't remember :( - don't rate meeting celebs that highly enough to remember.

In no real order, a few that stick in my mind.

* Sat next to Henry Winkler on the way to New York, helped him sort out his TV, was tempted but didn't do an eeehhhhhhhh once I fixed it for him.

* Rolph Harris clumped me in the leg with his guitar case while checking in at an airport.

* Had a chance when I was very young to go up in Gary Newmans Harvard with him during a biggin hill air show, after watching him and his display team I decided against it.

* I was on the main stage at Hyde Park as part of the VE Day 50th Anniversary.

* A birthday kiss from Michelle Ryan while out celebrating with friends.

* Seen/met lots of celebs and wannabe celebs while out partying and working.

* Met the Spice Girls before there first number one :D

An encryption algorithm I wrote was used by the University of Virginia Systems and Information Engineering Department who where commissioned by the National Institute of Justice to improve the security on a data analysis system called GRASP (A Geospatial Repository for Analysis and Safety Planning).

GRASP was put in place to help the police and agencies including CIA, FBI and the Secret Service to predict crime patterns based on data shared across all departments. Its inception was prompted by the slow sharing of data between agencies during the infamous 'beltway sniper attacks' in the US where those 2 nutters where going around sniping people from a car.

I'm not sure why they chose my encryption algorithm , it does work, but there are more secure algorithms out there. Anyway, thats my claim to nerdy fame (I've also met Kimi Matsuzaki from Ubisoft - yum yum), I'll get my nerdy coat and leave you to you're more interesting claims to fame...

Sorry. It was a bit impertinent of me.

Not at all! I'm not one to hide from the truth. :D

What was the 10 second thing?

Pehaps you could furnish us with a glimpse of what your 10 second shenanigans from 30 years ago was all about?

Post #3 in this thread reveals all.:) I'd build it up a bit more, but the anecdote is as dull as a wet weekend in Wales.

You bastard. That man is a God.;)

He is. I fear I'll get an extra 15 minutes in the Ovens Of Hell for that.

I saw Terry Nuttkins across a carpark in Southmolton

Jimmy Crankys husband (Ian something) Pushed passed me in Torquey

Buster Edwards gave me a Mars bar

Had a jacket Potato with Rob who supported Level 42 with a firebreathing act

I like 1 & 4 the best :D

Oh yeah, my bike club hired Doctor and the Medics to play the Saturday night of our bike show last year, so I spent part of the weekend partying with them when I wasn't being busy.

I also created the 'Bloodrunners' DVD for graphic artist Andy Sparrow (also the source of my avatar) from his vhs master tapes.

I spent an evening drinking with Elizabeth Taylor many years ago, she was even more stunning in the flesh and a really nice person. I was in a broken down car with hardly any money and no card, she stood me several drinks and we had a good laugh. Her manager looked anxious as I was scruffy, half cut in the end and she seemed to be ignoring "important people" to booze with this slob intent on joining his inebriated state, she sure could knock it back.... ;)

Cliff Richards took me for a drive in his new Jensen Interceptor when I was a child. (No jokes, heard `em all before :), he was a true gent).

Stayed in the same hotel as Shirley Bassey (common as muck, a foul mouth and prissey with it, she wants gassing).

Did a couple of races with Mr.Bean and one with Chris Rea (both nice people with a passion for cars).

I sometimes go drinking with a Supra forum moderator.

I lived next to George Formby as a child.

Hollie Johnson (Frankie Goes to Hollywood) was a mate at senior school, but when we left school following our 'O'levels, went right off him when he dyed his hair white, and had a VERY weird mate called Pete Burns.............

Good friend of mine was an Engineer with OMD- he then circa 1991 actually played with them. A gig at Maine Road springs to mind, which was being broadcast live on Radio One. He knocked a drink on his keyboard and blew the stage......

Through this guy I also met Kym Marsh as a wannabe 15yr old, and had an incredulous phone conversation with Diana Ross! He worked on one of her albums a while back. I didn't believe him, so he rang her up and put me on the phone.

Another mate used to be in China Crisis, and a few weeks back I had a 30 second conversation with Gordon Strachan just before the Egypt game.

The best one though has to be bumping in to Jack Nicholson in Mexico 5 years ago, asking for his autograph for my mum, and he then proceeded to ask me all about England. Was a really nice guy and bought me a Marguerita.

Think thats it for now....

The girlfriends dad is a TV/film Director/producer, Quentin Tarentino is a fan, as he used to watch all his stuff when he worked in video rentals, on a visit to London a couple of years back he & Tarentino met for the 1st time, they are now friends.

I once played at the ex manager of Queen's daughter's wedding.

I was in a pop video, doing acrobatics & firebreathing. The track was Templehead by Transglobal Underground, in 90/91 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfEALMPABHE

Did a gig for 22 SAS at their (now not so secret thanks to Google) base in Hereford.

Got an impromptu bass lesson backstage @ Kentish Town forum from Doug Wimbish - (Tackhead/Living Color)

Supported Pat Cash @ Roadhouse, Convent Garden (He was in his band The Barnstormers) and Wilco Johnson @ The Swan in Fulham

I think CW getting plastered with Liz Taylor is the best one so far :)

I've not personally had many claims to fame, but I ex-girlfriends have met high-end stars including that Hermoine from Harry Potter recently. She told her to get lost and told her she didn't like her. :) Apparently shes very stuck up.

One ex was in Jude Laws ex girlfriends house partying along with Annie Mac and some famous guy. Shes constantly meeting famous people due to her new boyfriends relatives job as a location manager for movies.

Just hours after the Sports Relief, James Corden appeared in the local Tescos on the Isle of Wight and some friends got some photos with him. He was quick to leave the shop after the amount of hassle he was getting.

Went to school (and the local swimming club) with Eddie Irvine. If he hadn't been a racing driver, he'd probably have ended up as an olympic swimmer - he was always setting records in the pool for his age-group back then.

A few years back we went to a skid-pan day with a mate who turned up with a new girl. She wanted a run up the road in the Supe to see how fast it was, so I obliged. Found out later she's Peter Ebdon's (the snooker player) sister.

Used to go jet skiing with some friends back in about 1995. One chap who's still local had a son Luke, whose band, 'Addict' got signed by some label belonging to Virgin. They didn't make it, but he later became a very popular session drummer working with Joe Strummer and the likes. He's now married to KT Tunstall and works as her drummer.

I once sat next to katie hill (blue peter presenter) on a flight to visit my dad.

And i was also on CNN and BBC news back around 1991 when the gulf war kicked off, i was sat on my suitcase sucking my thumb in the airport as we were trying to get out of the country, finaly got to the airport on about the 5th attempt after being shot at in the landrover we had I was only 6 but i still remember it like yester day as my dad wasnt allowed to come with us.