The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your claim to fame

Charlotte

So we haven't had one of these for a while and it's interesting.

Give me your claim to fame/15 mins of fame/famous relations etc

I'll start with a rather tenuous one:-

My sister's best friend is the neice of Alan Rickman.

And the random that won x-factor a few years ago - Steve Brookstein was a security guard for my mum and dad when their house was being built.

I have more but....

Next!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Angelina Jolie a few times when I worked in the cinema. She used to come in with Madox and her sister. Angelina was nice, sister was unpleasant.

Also, as for family, I'm illigimately related to the throne of Denmark thanks to a promiscious great grandmother.

I used to crew for Smax Smith when he was running his Fuel Altered Funny Car, Mainline Menace 3 and I was his IT guy/webmaster when he became 2003 FIA European Top Fuel Funny Car Champion (with a run of 4.89 @ 303.14mph).

I also became infamous in AWoL bike magazine as the 'Naked Man in Crosser Boots' after my malarky at a Jesters MCC rock night was published (with photos) :D

I have also been on stage with Jethro Tull as part of his stage set. He had a living room set up on stage and me and a couple of others were invited to sit up there for a few songs drinking tea. That was cool.

Ian Wright signed my dad's birthday card for me in the Arsenal FC merchandise chop when I was about 10.

Happened across Glen Johnson and Leroy Lita blundering about separately, but both looking lost, in Bluewater about 2 years ago.

Had a drink and a long chat with Andy Fordham one Christmas while he still owned the Rose pub in Dartford.

My dad knows Chubby Brown (my Uncle got him his first gig), and I've met him a couple of times while out shopping with the folks. He's a good bloke :)

Martin Carr from the Boo Radleys once came to a small gathering at my Student digs after DJing at the SU bar. He was a bit of a big head, if I'm honest.

Oh I've also met Roland Gift, Paul Heaton, and "Paul the weatherman" off Calendar news on the telly. All from living in Hull.

I have a photo of me with Henry Cooper somewhere.

I also once got shoved out of the way by Ruby Wax's bodyguard at Meadowhall years ago.

Stood behind Naseem Hamed in a queue in HMV, he came up to my chest, I could have him I reckon (certainly now) :D

Had my picture printed in M8 dance mag in 97

also in Sported mag in 98

think it would of been 2001 when I was in Trowbridge in a night club and started to dance with some girl , thought she was fit as hell until she turned into a girl who was right up her own arse, ...... Turned out to be Jenson Buttons ex-bird lol, her "do u know who am" atitude did my nut in so just came out with "well do u know who I am ? am steve an I drive a friggin big tank ......... what is that a problem ? is it not good enough .... Well what ever pet, sod off" lol needless to say she looked a little shocked, I had been real nice to her up until that point , weather I blew her out or blew myself out I didn't really care, I don't do stuck up birds :D

oh yeah and stings brother was my milk man :D

I met the Towers of London a couple of times on some random Camden nights out... remember them? On one of the night I woke up to find Christian (guitarist) had left his jacket.. and mobile phone (it was a bit of a messy night). As it turned out he was with Sadie Frost at the time and it was her phone. I duly returned it via Charlottes brother... the money I could have got for that!? :D

Also, the guitarist from Sigur Ros appeared at our hotel door with a pint of Guinness whilst on another crazy night out in Camden. He wanted to come in and join us... it was a bit of a party thing in my room. He was a very nice man.

I was on the radio and in the papers as I was shot in the head and the pellet is still stuck in my skull, I live down the road from darren morgan the snooker player, he owns the snooker hall down the road. Fitted mark williams the snooker champions house out with plasmas. My uncle also grew up with him so know him well. Tom king the highway man is in my family tree lol.