The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost a supra (my aristo)

dangerous brain

Well with a very heavy heart I am advertising my aristo for sale here.

I say heavy heart as I know what will happen to it should I sell it here. It'll be gutted out for its engine and single turbo, brakes, LSD etc and the rest scrapped off. Its a horrible shame for what is a Do-luck demo car. Worst part is the body kit on it is listed new at £5500 and it'll end up in a crusher as no-one wants it!! So here goes nowt. I am considering offers on the Do-Luck demo aristo listed on the aristo forum

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22936

Well I guess you guys are sick of hearing it but this time the car is for sale for REAL!! When faced with the costs of putting a proper gearbox in it and its complete lack of use I cannot justify the outlay any more. Most of the people on here will be very much aware of the trials and tribulations I've had with this car. Some of its been and other parts have been genuine issues.

Essentially its boiled down to this, the AEM I had fitted was done badly and left the car with a rewired box (its taken breaking either the box or torque converter to prove this be aware the car is still driveable but how far I really don't know, it will drive onto a trailer). The AEM developed a fault and popped some fuse transistors which resulted in the fitment of stock ECU and injectors. I put 1000 odd miles on the car with the stock ecu in it so I am confident now that the AEM unit was at fault and not the vehicle wiring which is always a worry when fitting a £1300 replacement stand alone unit. Other than the box going the car drove as it should and I even got it to hold boost at 0.6 bar which is something it wouldn't do before.

Anyways I think most are fed up of hearing about all that. If you are reading this ad and aren't aware of the cars daily dramas search around this forum and you'll be bored by all the information available.

So onto the selling part then:-

Its a 1991 MK1 aristo 300V with a couple of modifications

I'll start with the turbo Its a precision T67DBB water cooled turbo with HKS T04R housings.

The turbo is mounted on a HKS tubular exhaust manifold as is a HKS racing adjustable 60mm waste gate that vents to atmosphere via a screamer pipe.

The down pipe exits into a stock exhaust system at the moment.

Intake side there is a green filter cone air filter onto a 4" aluminium intake pipe.

That exits into a HKS 3 row intercooler and on into a stock painted black inlet manifold that has a water injection kit spraying into it (same as the AEM water injection unit). The water injection kits reservoir is temporarily fitted in the engine bay.

The head is supposed to contain HKS 256/264 cams but I can't confirm this.

There is a walbro feeding the fuel into an aftermarket FPR that I'd need to identify to know the make.

This setup when tuned properly is good for 600 BHP. That's not a pub boast its a proven power figure from a great many supra's running the same configuration.

The car sits on JIC coilovers set at a height that allows the car to clear speed bumps without having to stop. They will go lower if so desired. The car has had all round new wishbones for its last MOT which isn't a cheap job.

Stopping the car is a full set of UK spec supra brakes 4 pot at the front and 2 pot on the back.

Wheels are currently 18" luxor split rims with a polished steel rim and alloy centre shod with Falken 452 rubber all round, 1000 miles on the front a bit more on the back. (not sure if these wheels are staying on it or going onto my new car yet).

The car is fitted with a full aero wyvern Do-Luck body kit including the front and rear bumper, the side skirts, the boot spoiler, and the bonnet grille. This little lot retails at £5500 on the sumo website. It was fitted and then the car sprayed by Do-Luck themselves. The colour is a custom paint commissioned by Do-Luck.

Inside there are replacement AAR racing semi bucket leather seats, and a Do-Luck centre support brace that doubles up as a very shiny foot rest.

Installed in the dash is a HKS oil pressure and temperature gauge, and in an unfinished binnacle on the dash is an AEM Uego AFR meter, a HKS boost gauge, and a HKS exhaust gas temp gauge.

In the glove box is a HKS EVC4 boost controller

There is a fairly run of the mill sony and caruzzia(pioneer) head unit coupled to an amp in the boot. The stock stereo system isn't at all bad in these cars but audiophiles might be disappointed by the cars lack of 1,000,000 db of bass and kicking tunes.

Some links then

http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~mamiana/toyota-aristovmodified-duluck-photos.html

http://www.sumopower.com/product.php...0_front_bumper

http://www.sumopower.com/product.php...00_rear_bumper

http://www.sumopower.com/product.php...aristo___gs300

DoLuck ARIST JZS147

Just in case anyone doesn't know or realise the car for sale is the very car in those links. It was owned by the same Mr Ito that went on to make the Do-Luck Supra that alot more people have heard of and seen. This car won awards in its day at the Tokyo auto salon. Its featured in the super-demo car section of the Hyper Revs series magazine.

I will add some pictures of the vehicle but for now Aristo chat : Shamed into it - Club Aristo - The Toyota Aristo Owners Club

Money wise then the all important part. Added up the value of those parts second hand has to exceed £5500. Thats without considering the cars heritage. So I will look at offers as it stands above £5500. I will also consider lower offers with items removed and will do very good deals on the aftermarket exhaust system, the HKS DLi, The apexi electronic solenoid boost controller, alpine 10 disc sat nav stereo system, and other odds and sods I have in my garage for this car so there is room for some haggling here.

Nothing is getting taken from the car until after a sale of the car is confirmed so I won't be taking offers for parts unless I end up breaking it.

I will consider sticking another auto box on the car and sorting out the issue that caused it to let go if that is a necessity of sale, but as I am a very busy man that won't be in the immediate future.

I will add more to this thread when time permits.

Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files DOLUCK1_1.pdf (4.58 MB, 12 views)

Nice one! Will the loom need changing also? And the other thing is its running with the stock ecu! Is this the same sort of set up you offer dude where its a temporary until other supporting mods are added?

This car plus http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=213212 would make a lovely motor for someone rather than gutting that car.

Thats exactly what the car needs to make it into the beast that it should be. Having already pushed nearly £20k in the cars direction I couldn't face another £3-4k for a decent getrag and decent clutch etc package that the car needs. For the £4k I bought an entire MK2 with alot of nice bits on it.

The gearbox afaik isn't the same as the supra. The output doobries are different for starters. I have a couple of options for getting another stock box and fitting that but ultimately that turbo needs a manual box to maximise its potential. I could lie and say its great as an auto but the root of all my problems with the car has been it being an auto and letting a certain bloody ex tuner near it.

I'm a realist. Advertising it here I know that 99% of interested parties will only want it for its engine/turbo.

I have a damaged AEM (input fuse capacitors popped AEM will repair but how much that will cost I don't know)that will go with the car and a set of 650cc injectors. I also have a supra 6 speed manual ECU. With the gearbox swapped if I manage to get hold of a box and a day off the car can be driven to prove its engine and turbo.

If I hadn't had my house completely gutted and turned into a cannabis factory by its last tenants then I wouldn't be considering this option at this stage but I need to release some capital as the house is costing me over a grand a month sitting empty and I need £5k to fix the house its as simple a case of finances as that.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.