The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modern Warfare 2 map pack

Swampy442

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total rip off especially as the original was already on the high side of pricing!

2 old recycled maps and 3 new ones i bet that was a stretch :rolleyes:

DLC and episodic content looks like its going to be the future of gaming which means less value for money for us gamers.

IW sucks :(

Total rip off especially as the original was already on the high side of pricing!

2 old recycled maps and 3 new ones i bet that was a stretch :rolleyes:

DLC and episodic content looks like its going to be the future of gaming which means less value for money for us gamers.

IW sucks :(

I agree 2 old maps and 3 new ones is very lame.

I loved mw2 for a while, but the simple point and shoot stlye got too boring, wont be wasting my money on the new maps, battlefield 2 is the place to be for gamers who like a challenge online :D

Got to agree with you there, bf2 is a lot harder, but it annoys me when everyone just snipes and spawn camps :angry:

did this get released ? ive just had alook at the online shop and cant see anything i had a software update to download and that was it

It got released on Xbox only so if you don't have one i imagine it will be another few weeks.

I think it is NEVER worth 1200 MP , i mean come on they cant even make 5 completely new maps.. they have to bring 2 old ones in from MW1 !! you would of thought peeps would of had enough of that game !! hence MW2 ??

The new new maps are good but way to many places for people to camp and also most of the levels are pretty much run around with knife style, small and little tight corners to sprint around !!

I downloaded this on the 30th at 3pm finished DL in 10 minutes and couldnt play a single multiplayer game for atleasy 5 hours !! kept saying microsoft servers where down/interupted !! was pretty livid , but all is well now :)

my verdict is that its way too expensive and not even enough bang for your buck but still better than nothing i suppose.

Guest Suprafly

I've not played MW2 since Battlefield BC2 came out, and being out for such a short time already has a new map pack, and it's free! (for VIP).

I doubt I'll buy the map pack for MW2 now, infact I'll likely not play it again, I've always preferred Battlefield games anyway, they use dedicated servers so you don't get lag.

BFBC2 rocks, those of you who havn't tried Battlefield games should get BC2 and you'll forget all about MW2, I guarantee it, access to all vehicles inc various attack helicopters like the hind, apache, black hawk etc, various tanks, quad bikes, boats, jet skis, UAV helicopter fully functional and with machine gun and lazer tag missile, hummers, and all the gadgets at your finger tips without having to accomplish a kill streak as you have to do in MW2, it's more real.

It blows MW2 a w a y !

Guest Suprafly

Also in the PSN and XBOX live stores theres Battlefield 1943, online only and with 3 land maps and 1 air superiority map (entire islands in the pacific) and all for £9.99, you can't complain!

Thats well worth getting if you want a taste of the frostbite engine used in Battlefield games before you shell out for BC2, and BC2 is even better than that.

Yeah thats the one. I'm fed up of going in for a kill with my knife then next thing I know i'm flying through the air dead. Why cant people just make ground move on kill and carry on.

I hadn't noticed this till today, I have it on PS3 and the kids have it on 360, i've never seen it happen but when I watched it on the 360 they were all doing it, it was £$%%ing me off just watching!

I play it quite a bit on PS3 but seem to be so far behind everyone else its annoying, before i've even seen anyone i've either been bladed up or shot, before i've even aimed! :angry:

I'm assuming its more me than my internet connection as its wired and I have 20mb Virgin BB.

I've not played MW2 since Battlefield BC2 came out, and being out for such a short time already has a new map pack, and it's free! (for VIP).

I doubt I'll buy the map pack for MW2 now, infact I'll likely not play it again, I've always preferred Battlefield games anyway, they use dedicated servers so you don't get lag.

BFBC2 rocks, those of you who havn't tried Battlefield games should get BC2 and you'll forget all about MW2, I guarantee it, access to all vehicles inc various attack helicopters like the hind, apache, black hawk etc, various tanks, quad bikes, boats, jet skis, UAV helicopter fully functional and with machine gun and lazer tag missile, hummers, and all the gadgets at your finger tips without having to accomplish a kill streak as you have to do in MW2, it's more real.

It blows MW2 a w a y !

Never tried it, or seen it in the shops to be honest... Is it the same idea as MW2 then, may have to go find it tomorrow! Is there any perticular one to get first?

I hadn't noticed this till today, I have it on PS3 and the kids have it on 360, i've never seen it happen but when I watched it on the 360 they were all doing it, it was £$%%ing me off just watching!

I play it quite a bit on PS3 but seem to be so far behind everyone else its annoying, before i've even seen anyone i've either been bladed up or shot, before i've even aimed! :angry:

I'm assuming its more me than my internet connection as its wired and I have 20mb Virgin BB.

Same as me, its massively annoying. I think its those lag glitches. Im only on 5 meg BT but I experience the same issues.

Javelin glitch??

I've had a lot of people being shot and leaving claymores behind, not sure how they are doing it. I thought about writing to Microsoft and asking for my money back......:tongue:

If I wasn't so bored of COD4 I'd go back to that tbh...!!

H.

Yeah thats the one. I'm fed up of going in for a kill with my knife then next thing I know i'm flying through the air dead. Why cant people just make ground move on kill and carry on.

That will be the martydom deathstreak, I use that. If you get killed 3 times without killing someone else, you drop a live grenade when you die.

I got them afterwards.

Hadn't played MW1 so it's 5 new maps for me, plus I managed to get 2100 points for about £6 using some discount code from Littlewoods a while ago.

They are not bad, not great though. I'm more enjoying the double points this weekend as I edge my way (slowly!) up to level 70...

Guest Suprafly
Never tried it, or seen it in the shops to be honest... Is it the same idea as MW2 then, may have to go find it tomorrow! Is there any perticular one to get first?

Yes it's been out for about a month and is in the shops, There are many Battlefield titles but the ones available on PS3 / XBOX are Battlefield 1943 (online only), Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Bad company is basically modern combat with a superb storyline, you need to get this one first before you play Bad Company 2, so just get them both together as Bad company 1 will be cheap as chips by now as it's been out well over a year, quickly get through that (dont bother online) then start Bad company 2, this game online is nothing short of epic!

Think Modern Warfare but with a fully destructable environment, access to ALL vehicles, you actually fly helicopters instead of using a laptop, you can land and pick up your team mates and they can man the gatling guns onboard, this applies with all vehicles, you can pick up a passenger(s) and they can man the vehicles weapons while you do the driving! You even control the UAV's!

I'd also get Battlefield 1943 aswell, again this is awesome but only available in your online store right now, but like I said earlier for £9.99, you cant complain.

Zero lag as Battlefield games use dedicated servers, unlike COD games where your bullets are only as good as your connection. (ping or latency)

Oh and the maps on BC2 are way bigger than COD maps.

I'd also get Battlefield 1943 aswell, again this is awesome but only available in your online store right now, but like I said earlier for £9.99, you cant complain.

Zero lag as Battlefield games use dedicated servers, unlike COD games where your bullets are only as good as your connection. (ping or latency)

Oh and the maps on BC2 are way bigger than COD maps.

Sweet, may have to get that then, sounds good and a bargain..

Just noticed the kids are playing MW2 again, as always and they have just told me they have found some glitc or something where they can actually get off map and just get onto a blank screen??? Also they can get right up onto a house and snipe everyone without being caught! Cheating little buggers..