The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lorry doesn't see car ?!

Willson

Looks like it's going some speed otherwise slamming it in reverse and flooring it might be the best plan, or climbing out the sunroof and banging on the windscreen! :D

Exactly what I was thinking, something out of an American film, imagine the drivers reaction when climbing up & the banging on the windscreen :D

I guess the rain was a savour as that would have kept the tyres sliding across the road & at that angle the tyres would have no grip.

If that was me in my Supra coming off the slip road, I'd get back on & then floor it in front of the lorry & then start to slow down blocking all the lanes so then the lorry slows down. I'd like to know how this one ended though!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The road looks wet, the wipers are on in the vehicle with the person filming it, so there may not be loads of smoke coming off the tyres.

This one is off the VW forum that was linked to earlier, so you've probably seen it, but there wasn't exactly clouds of smoke coming off the merc in it, and this one is in the dry.

[YOUTUBE]V1LM8TtSLZ0[/YOUTUBE]

Got to be fake, how does the car end up in that T-Bone in the first place without a scratch?

It would roll too.

Defo a viral.

Edit to add:

Take a look at the bottom picture and the company comments and tell me that it's not a viral!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1258828/Lorry-driver-gets-car-stuck-bumper-motorway-60mph.html

Fair play mind, genius advertising ploy! I now have heard of the company :)

Matt, not sure if you meant that literally but I would think the car will be pretty scratched up by it. The tyres will be goosed too.

The 2nd video of the Merc vs the lorry shows how it *could* happen. The key thing is the moment when it happens. At that moment, I would think something would be felt inside the cab of the lorry. Once the car's there, I can imagine that it *might* go unnoticed for a bit by the lorry driver, although it must feel like one of the lorry's brakes is partially stuck on, thereby requiring more throttle to maintain speed.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't roll once it's in the T-Bone position. Hard to describe, but it's to do with where the lorry's bumper makes contact with the car, and the difference between static and dynamic friction.

According to the Sky News story:

An Arclid spokesman told Sky News Online: "An incident did happen along that stretch of the motorway and we opened an investigation and reported the matter to the police. Having seen the video we have reopened that investigation.". The spokesman added: "As far as I'm aware the lady driver got out of the car and walked away unharmed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm

The owners of the lorry, Cheshire-based Arclid Transport, and West Yorkshire Police are investigating the incident.

A spokesman from the company said: "There was an incident between a car and one of our vehicles in January.

"Since seeing the footage from YouTube we are investigating."

He added that he believed the female driver of the Clio had not been injured in the incident.

The company said the lorry driver was sent home on Wednesday, when the video emerged on the internet.

He added that the accident happened on 13 January and police had investigated, but to date no action had been taken against the lorry driver.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said officers were aware of the footage but had no further details at present.

That's scary :blink:

Similar situation happened like that to my dad & mum about 12 years on the M25 they were both going to Brighton for day out my dad was in middle lane doing about 65 when a foreign lorry left hand drive next to him decided to pull in dad must of been in blind spot hit my dad swerve his car in front of lorry carried on for about 250m before stopping wrote my dads car off lucky no one was hurt was very scary for him he is always now very nervous on motorways with lorries next to him now !!!