link-local IPv6 address.....: fe80::c45:195f:dac:191b%11

autoconfiguration IPv4.....: 169.254.25.27

default gateway..............:

Ethernet adapter local are connection

media state.............: media disconnected

conection-specific dns suffix:

Tunnel adapter local area conection *11

media state.........: media disconected

Under that it's the same layout as number 11 but it's 13 instead I get the idea my media has been disconnected tho :(

the 169.254.25.27 mean that it is not picking up an address from the wireless. Sounds like you are not connected. This could be for a number of reasons. e.g. wrong wireless password.

1st thing would be to try and reconnect. after removing the old settings (The following instructions are for Vista but im on my work computer and trying to write from memory so if its not right can somebody correct me please.

1) Right click on the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

2) Click "Network And Sharing Center"

3) from the next screen click "Manage Wireless Networks"

4) The should be a section that is labelled something like "preffered networks".

5) It sounds like there is only one wireless connection you want to use with this machine so click the name of that connection in that window and then click the "remove" button.

(If there are any more in this list you might want to remove those as well).

All we have done so far is remove all the stored information about your wireless, any passwords or defaults proxy settings.

Now we just need you to connect back up to your wireless again.

6) Click "OK" to the window we have just been removing settings on. Then close any other windows you might have open.

7) Now the wireless icon in the bottom right of the screen should NOT be showing you connected to anything.

8) double click the wireless icon and it should show all the available wireless connections. Select the one you want to use. i.e. BTHOMEHUB-45238758 or SKY57489

Then click "connect" it should come up and ask you to enter your WEP/WPA key. Enter this exactly how it has been set. Normally this information is on a sticker on your wireless router. If its in capitals enter it in capitals.

If after entering your key it pauses and then asks for the details again, double check you are entering the correct information as after a while it will give up asking you to enter the correct password.

well i am back online with my laptop :D so i think the whole problem was with the anti virus software for some reason but this is the way every thing went

internet stopped working> installed McAfee > unistalled McAfee > unistalled norton360 > every thing working again

?? bit wierd but do u rekon i should install McAfee again i think i need something to protect my laptop