The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Internet down on laptop

supra steveo

Over the last few days I've installed McAfee on my laptop and now my laptop is not working online it's conected to to wireless router but on the task bar at the bottom right of the screen it's not showing me the globe icon on the two screens?? I've checked make sure it's not got " work ofline " ticked and it hasn't . Is it just coincidence that it's stopped working after installing McAfee security to my laptop?

Over the last few days I've installed McAfee on my laptop and now my laptop is not working online it's conected to to wireless router but on the task bar at the bottom right of the screen it's not showing me the globe icon on the two screens?? I've checked make sure it's not got " work ofline " ticked and it hasn't . Is it just coincidence that it's stopped working after installing McAfee security to my laptop?

I had that before with mcAfee, have you got any other virus software still on the pc?.. sometimes remenants of previous clash and stop it working

Not a big fan of the big Security suits, but it may not be at fault. have you got any other machines connected via the wireless and are they still working?

Yes another laptop and a ps3 :(

I had that before with mcAfee, have you got any other virus software still on the pc?.. sometimes remenants of previous clash and stop it working

yeah norton but it was pap and I've removed as much of that as I can

I have kaspersky which works great (or seems to) also i think the AVG is good i used that too before, they do a download version!... I'm sure someone much more computer literate will be alot more helpful tho... I just try:D

Ps .. Only just started coming back on here, have you got a car now??

I have kaspersky which works great (or seems to) also i think the AVG is good i used that too before, they do a download version!... I'm sure someone much more computer literate will be alot more helpful tho... I just try:D

Ps .. Only just started coming back on here, have you got a car now??

Yes yes, AVG is the way forward. Its free and better than all the pish that comes with norton.

Your also wanting Zone Alarm and Spybot.

All free software.

Job done.

ok.

click your start button -> Then Click Run (im guessing your on XP) -> in the new box that pops up type CMD then click OK. At this point a black window should appear with some text.

In the black DOS box type

ping http://www.google.co.uk (then press return)

It will either give you an error message or it will give you 4 response times.

If you get an error.

in the same box type

ipconfig (then press return)

and post back on here what results it gives you.

Good luck :)

Ahh, okies well thats kinda of a good thing. Once its up and running again scrap all your other stuff and just get yourself the microsoft security essentials(anti virus and bits. Free).

If you click on the program bar, or whatever its called. (its the button down the bottom left of the screen that brings up all your programs) Just start typing CMD then press enter. you should get up the DOS box. If not let me know.

Well it came up with a canny bit but I think that " media disconnected " might have something to do with it , the girlfriend says I've got a bad virus on my c drive and might have to do a full system restore and I will need to back up all my music on my iTunes and bf2 patches to cd :( got a feeling I have got quite a task ahead of me