The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are drop links the same for na and tt?

jim

I bought rear arb drop links and when attempting to put them in today I found that they're about an inch too long, and the joints are at a 180deg angle to each other rather than a 90deg angle. I'm going to send them back and assume that they've just sent the wrong ones, but I was wondering if there's a difference between n/a and tt ones, or even if there's a difference between pre-facelift and facelift?

As long as you fit them in pairs a difference in length should be okay as you still get them push/pulling against each other through the twisting action of the anti roll bar.

Ithe joints are at a 180deg angle to each other rather than a 90deg angle.

I'm not sure what you mean.

They're the same on the TT as the NA car.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

Sorry, I can't get online from work during the day and wasn't on last night. Thanks for all the replies, I took a pic of the ones I bought beside the ones I took out but I won't bother posting it as from your pic above dandan it's clear that I've been sent a pair of fronts instead of rears.

All sorted though, I bought them online from an NI motor factors merckx (Toyota wanted £42 each for them!) but the place isn't far from me and they're happy for me to bring them over and get them swapped for the right ones.

Cheers again! :)

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, can anyone confirm the correct position for the rear "lock" style washers when the rear droplink has been installed? a picture maybe? im also getting knocking from the rear, and have already replaced the droplinks for new ones, but just wanted to clarify i have them installed correctly. . . . see attached "borrowed" picture :innocent:

any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave

Rear droplinks2.jpg