The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A brain teaser

CJ

Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 500 miles per hour. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at only 450 miles per hour (because of a strong head wind ).

Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?

You want nit picking? How about if they were not on the same route? :eyebrows:

It doesn't matter if they're on the same route or not. You said that there is a point when both planes 'meet'. That's the only point along either route that we're interested in here.

(I'm a nit-picking professional, me!)

It doesn't matter if they're on the same route or not. You said that there is a point when both planes 'meet'. That's the only point along either route that we're interested in here.

(I'm a nit-picking professional, me!)

I knew that but wanted to chuck a red herring in hoping to get some other answers. ;)

define 'meet'....is the point when they meet side by side? or when the nose of one plane meets the nose of the other......

if side by side then they are both the same distance from paris....ie.neither is closer

if nose to nose then the one leaving paris is closer by a plane length.