The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Sub Enclosure

Stan

As per MarkRs thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=210705

I have won this off MarkR and paid him, but after looking and measuring it seems that it's not going to fit in my supra along with an aerotop roof :imsorry:

MarkR still has the enclosure ready to send out to whoever wants it, however as I have paid him, the winner will need to pay me :)

Asking £230, I am making a loss but it's my own fault for rushing to buy it!!

You can PM MarkR to confirm all details

Stan

As per MarkRs thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=210705

I have won this off MarkR and paid him, but after looking and measuring it seems that it's not going to fit in my supra along with an aerotop roof :imsorry:

MarkR still has the enclosure ready to send out to whoever wants it, however as I have paid him, the winner will need to pay me :)

Asking £260, I am making a loss but it's my own fault for rushing to buy it!!

You can PM MarkR to confirm all details

Stan

I can confirm all of the above. The enclosure is ready to go. Just to note it also has a gold plated connector at the back (which I sealed) and some thick gauge speaker wire inside ready for connection.

did you take the foam part out and actually test fit it?

it would be good if you did, just wanna know, as i will know not for use with aerotop

No I haven't test fitted it, but I put my roof in over the weekend with everything else removed, in preperation for the sub box, and it is clear the sub would be too high an angle and too far forward to get the roof in as well. The ones on sale on ebay (magic boxes) have a much lower angle of mounting so most of the bottom of the subs fit under the roof panel

There is literally about an inch of space between the edge of the roof panel and the back of the seats, so not enough to fit much in there!

If you wanted to make one for aerotops, I would think that if you just reduced the angle of the sub so it sat more under the roof panel, it'll be fine. You could look at the magic boxes to get an idea of what I mean

On the thread of the fella that built these he was selling them for 150 pounds..? u want 230 does i come with sub? or did he aventually put up the price..?

I didn't know he was doing them for £150, according to MarkR they were close to £200:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2681227&postcount=16

Plus only 5 or so were made, so they are rare which will put the price up, and this one has been painted as well by a bodyshop. If you factor that in to the equation it will put the price up

If you think it is too much, make me an offer.

I didn't know he was doing them for £150, according to MarkR they were close to £200:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2681227&postcount=16

Plus only 5 or so were made, so they are rare which will put the price up, and this one has been painted as well by a bodyshop. If you factor that in to the equation it will put the price up

If you think it is too much, make me an offer.

There was a newer thread for these boxes which was the one with the moulds. I paid £200 for mine delivered and apinted but as only 4 are in existence you can charge whatever people will pay.

i sold the first ones cheap, its good to get feedback, all feedback from all 4 customers was good, just to recoup costs of moulds.

if you think you have to mould each section 3layers fibreglass, trim each section, bond them, sand and spray, it takes about 25hrs for each one, and about £50 in materials.

this is near enough same price as i sell them for now, however this one had a lot more time taken as its finished by bodyshop and painted to high standard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.