The mkiv Supra Owners Club

House falling down forces sale! 94 NA

Shane

is this actually your house having fallen over? Good luck with the sale, some great value NAs around now. If only I needed a day to day car.

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1546/1546155-1.jpg

Well that brick wall is the back of Tescos next door to us where we park our motors. ;)The Delsol you can see on the right is the bird's and you can just see the front of my red supe. I am pretty miffed that I have to sell it, but it just doesn't make sense to borrow loads money to fix my house when I have almost half of what I need tied up in a project car. It's not as though I don't have a supra once it's sold as I will keep my trusty red one. Just hope I can find one as straight as the silver one once I get everything sorted out. I am still reeling over Legal and General not paying out, but I have checked and they don't have to pay for structual repairs which are not caused by wear and tear and gradual deterioration, If a lorry crashed into the front of my house or the damage was due to fire I would be fine!!!!

did I read somewhere it was above your window can you set five to your curtains and say the fire caused the damage

Bit late for that now eh:( I have 2 sash windows above the bay and due to the bresseman beam above the bay has rotted due to 120 years of damp ingress getting in from the flat roof on the bay and the wall around the upstairs windows and the pier between the windows has all shifted. It's serious stuff and I need to get it sorted before the wall moves anymore. Cost £180 just for a structual engineer to knock on the door and he needs to make a further 2 visits while the works take place. Luckily I earn well and can get through this, but there must be a lot of people out there for who this sort of thing would be devastating if it happened to them. You pay buildings insurance year in year out and always feel that you are covered for this type of thing when you are not. All they will pay for is the decoration repair from damage caused by water getting in once it happened, which frankly is not worth claiming and losing my ncd..

Can the surveyer say it water damage in his report Cus surely it would be coved then just as if a pipe upstairs burst, my parents had that happen in the loft of there old farm house and about 3 a frames for the roof were replaced due to water damage which insurance paid out for everything including local hotel costs, labor and decorating the room and the replacement of a tv which got wet,

Can the surveyer say it water damage in his report Cus surely it would be coved then just as if a pipe upstairs burst, my parents had that happen in the loft of there old farm house and about 3 a frames for the roof were replaced due to water damage which insurance paid out for everything including local hotel costs, labor and decorating the room and the replacement of a tv which got wet,

Nope, been down that route mate. Basically, your insurance covers you for for events such as a unforeseen event which is out of your control, like the burst pipe you mention. The only exception of the rule is gradual subsidence and they handle claims for that differently. Walls are treated in the same way as windows doors etc, if someone throws a brick through your window then maybe you have a claim, but if your windows rot then you don't. In my case there is a small flat roof above the bay that over the past century has allowed moisture to slowly weaken the oak beam. There is no leak as such in the roof, well there wasn't before it all shifted, it's just a gradual thing that houses of this age and design can be prone to. I work alongside Architects, Surveyors (one who used to be a Insurance Co. surveyor), and Lawyers and I didnt believe what I was being told. They have looked into it and confirmed that I am not covered. Really sickens me as I dont need this hassle or disruption right now and the financial side means I have to change my car plans. But, I just need to get it sorted asap and forget the whole thing, its not as though I can sell the house now as any surveyor for potential buyers would pick up on the damage instantly. And, to top things off, the bloody council declared my house as part of the local conservation area 3 weeks ago so when I relace the windows above the bay (they have to come out for the work to be done) I cant just use cheapie UPVC ones, they have to be made to look like the original wooden sash ones which in my house have ornate victorian beading, so again this costs more. AARRRGGHHH!

One problem is you house insurance company would chase his lorry insurance and if they catch him make him claim plus police would get invoved if he left the seen, so unless he willing to make a claim n hang about lol

• 2 weeks later...

Pre Ebay listing bump.

It's a good car, and in view of the prices I have seen them sell for in the last week or so I will reduce to around £2,500 ovno and let it go with the wheels as shown in the photo and pirelli's.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I still have this car, it went for £2,100 on ebay but Mr Hussain of High Wycombe the winning bidder has not been in touch with me to arrange collection or pay a deposit. Had another guy contact me just before the auction ended saying that if the buyer turned out not to be serious he would have it for £2k so I have now contacted him, but so far nothing back :(

I really need to turn this car back into cash as the work has now starrted on my house and progressing at quite a rate. First offer over £2k secures it with the 18" Pirelli P Zeros

Well it's still with me! I have had a lot of enquiries and what appeared to be serious interest at one point from an overseas member. However no deposit or cash so far. I thought £2k for this was cheap and it would fly out, strange eh. Although I need the cash, I may just hang on to it as I am not prepared to let it go for less than 2k, I may as well break it for that which seems a shame for such a straight car. But am sure in time I would make more than what I am asking now if it was to be broken for spares, just not sure if I want it hanging around and all the hassle of postage etc. I do have a guy meant to be coming tomorrow evening so see if this one turns out to be serious. Have decided though, I will never list a car on ebay again, you cant even leave negative feedback for non paying winners! How biased is that.

whats the millage on the car as i think i missed it when reading

I originally put approx 145,000 in the add as I thought it was about the same as my other one. But last night someone contacted me and asked the exact mileage as shown and it's 117xxx km. It does clock up in miles but I have no idea when the speedo mod was carried out and dont have any service history or import docs for the car so I really dont know for sure what the mileage is. Same guy who contacted me last night reckons he is coming on Saturday to buy it for £2K, but I get the feeling he is going to bid me on it, he tells me he deals a bit in Supras:blink: but not a member here. I have already told him he wont be driving it away for any less and I mean it. I would rather break it than let it go for less than 2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.