The mkiv Supra Owners Club

125cc question

AlexJames

As already said, I'd expect there to be a 2-stroke oil tank. A pump gets the mix just right taking oil from the tank and mixing it with the fuel.

However, anyone who's ever raced 2-strokes will normally remove the oil pump and tank and run it on 'premix'. (by putting the right amount of oil in the fuel tank for the amount of fuel that was in there and giving it a good shake!) This is mainly because they don't trust the pump to keep working - the first sign of a pump failure is when the engine siezes! The other thing is that removing the oil pump removes another bit of resistance from the engine.

I had a few 2-strokes that I ran on pre-mix, but even then, I tended to ride around with a couple of fingers covering the clutch - just in case it ever nipped up.

Guest Andy_H

only only only use the very best oil in your RS125 i had one of them and tuned the hell outa it when i was 17, i would do 120mph!!! untill one day it went bang! i used to use putolini full synthetic race oil, or motul. some of the best 2 stroke about.

get yourself a full arrows exhaust system and get the carb re jetted you will love the difference.

i ended up having my entire engine ported and polished by a guy called stan stevens with new a new piston as well as loads of other trick bits, it went like stink when you got the revs past 7k, was a pig to ride bellows that mind. can get nice carbon fibre airboxes for them too

Andy

i ended up having my entire engine ported and polished by a guy called stan stevens with new a new piston as well as loads of other trick bits, it went like stink when you got the revs past 7k, was a pig to ride bellows that mind. can get nice carbon fibre airboxes for them too

Andy

Now that name brings back some memories :) i had a 350LC Yamaha tuned by him and it was absolutely mental :D

Those were the days:)

only only only use the very best oil in your RS125 i had one of them and tuned the hell outa it when i was 17, i would do 120mph!!! untill one day it went bang! i used to use putolini full synthetic race oil, or motul. some of the best 2 stroke about.

get yourself a full arrows exhaust system and get the carb re jetted you will love the difference.

Andy

When you say was a pig below 7 what do you mean? Mine goes nuts around 7, but before it, it sometimes sounds like its missfiring, or over fuelling ... ?