The mkiv Supra Owners Club

125cc question

AlexJames

.... why when I pull to a stop do I get a little smoke/steam coming from the engine?

I admit I don't know much about 2stroke engines to be able to think about it... all oils and water is topped up nicely...

Don't worry about it, that's just the little 2 strokes way of announcing its awesomeness. Revel in it and soak in the aroma at every stop, it's good for you, puts hairs on your chest.

Don't worry about it, that's just the little 2 strokes way of announcing its awesomeness. Revel in it and soak in the aroma at every stop, it's good for you, puts hairs on your chest.

lol... is that a serious answer lol .... if it is im happy... my little beasty will do 130! lol that'll beat an NA right? ;)

The oil in the petrol tank is usually reserved for the off-road bikes.

Road going two strokes almost always have a 2 stroke oil tank which you keep filled and the bike itself looks after the mixing end of things.

Yep - that's what my little scooter has.

Do you want it to be a serious answer? :eyebrows:

I did! ;)

The oil in the petrol tank is usually reserved for the off-road bikes.

Road going two strokes almost always have a 2 stroke oil tank which you keep filled and the bike itself looks after the mixing end of things.

:thumbs:

Yep - that's what my little scooter has.

Humm... see Iv looked through the manuals and theres no mention of an oil tank... Aprilia RS125 http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208823 (post 9)

Thats really helpful thanks!!

So, inside that tank at the moment is red fluid that more looks like brake fluid... now this could be my inexperience of 2stoke engines, and I know that 2stroke oil is thinner than 4stroke... but is that right?

Thats really helpful thanks!!

So, inside that tank at the moment is red fluid that more looks like brake fluid... now this could be my inexperience of 2stoke engines, and I know that 2stroke oil is thinner than 4stroke... but is that right?

Depends on the manufacturer of the oil, I've seen amber/red, Gold, Blueish, greenish - and yes, it's usually a lower viscosity than regular ol' oil.