The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice areas to rent within 1hr commute to central London

sdistc

Just brainstorming with the missus in the last few days, as we are thinking about moving further out from SW London in November, and thought my fellow Supra Clubbers might be able to help with suggestions.

Ideally, we will be looking for

*2 (or more) bedroom house WITH garage suitable for Supra

*nice area - safe, quiet, relatively close (20 min walk) to train station

*1.25 hr max total commute (i.e. 60 min on train max) to Central London

*rent

Can anyone suggest somewhere for us to start looking? Thanks!

Just brainstorming with the missus in the last few days, as we are thinking about moving further out from SW London in November, and thought my fellow Supra Clubbers might be able to help with suggestions.

Ideally, we will be looking for

*2 (or more) bedroom house WITH garage suitable for Supra

*nice area - safe, quiet, relatively close (20 min walk) to train station

*1.25 hr max commute to Central London

*rent

Can anyone suggest somewhere for us to start looking? Thanks!

Do you commute by train?

I live down in Bournemouth and SWT do a very good train service to London Waterloo, trains every 30 minutes and takes 80 minutes to get there.

Basically you could look at Bournemouth, Christchurch, heck even Brockenhurst.

Rushed as I need to get to work shortly but for example:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14735934.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE%5E193&maxPrice=1000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=3&displayPropertyType=houses&radius=3.0&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-to-rent%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DOUTCODE%255E193%26maxPrice%3D1000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D3%26displayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26radius%3D3.0%26oldDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-25099574.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE%5E193&maxPrice=1000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=3&displayPropertyType=houses&radius=3.0&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-to-rent%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DOUTCODE%255E193%26maxPrice%3D1000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D3%26displayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26radius%3D3.0%26oldDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses

EDIT : I say about this also because I occasionally have to commute to the City for work and many of the people I work with do it on a 2-4 times a week basis.

Christchurch is quiet, leafy, near the beaches and bournemouth and has very low crime rate (66% of Christchurch residents are retired...!)

Thanks, caseys.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear - yes, I plan to National Rail it to work but only want 60 min on the train maximum. Currently I live close to the Tube and use that, but if I can live a lot further out of London for the same travel time (by using overground trains) and pay less rent and have a garage, I will.

Thanks for the suggestion, but on checking out Google maps, I think you're looking a bit too far out.

I've seen a few places where I live with 2+ bedrooms, garage even a garden for under £1000 pcm ... which is VERY good for this area. It's the Windlesham, Ascot, Sunningdale area (not far from Guildford, where I work, or Windsor). About 35 mins from Waterloo on the Waterloo-Reading service and a nice 'green belt' area with plenty of nice open spaces around :)

More important than all of this though .. there is a very popular rolling road VERY close by, and one of the most respected tuners ;)

Beaconsfield

Gerrards cross

Farnham common

Stoke poges

Would you get a 2 bedroom with garage for under £1k?

I would look at Oxfordshire and more specifically Didcot. Main line runs to Paddington in 45 minutes and the area is very nice indeed.

Would you get a 2 bedroom with garage for under £1k?

I would look at Oxfordshire and more specifically Didcot. Main line runs to Paddington in 45 minutes and the area is very nice indeed.

Farnham common or stoke poges you would for sure.

Also to consider is.

Amersham

Chesham

bourne end

wooburn green

All nice areas

Do you want to stay south of london or would you consider north? If you look around the outskirts of cambridge you can find some nice places!

Haverhill (would be your best bet)

Braintree

sudbury

saffron walden ( parts are nice)

Bishop stortford ( right next to gatwick airport)

Thanks again everyone!

Do you want to stay south of london or would you consider north? If you look around the outskirts of cambridge you can find some nice places!

I think I'd prefer more West or North-West, just because it will have faster access to most of the rest of Britain for weekend sight-seeing trips.

Yup chalfonts are lovely, only up the road from me and all.

Do you REALLY want me living up the road from you? :eyebrows:

Staines - lived there for 18 months, really liked it.

Egham,

Virginia Water

Wokingham

They all go into Waterloo, takes 24 minutes from Staines, about 27 minutes from Egham.

I think they call it St Aines now they have kicked out the "Staines massive"

and those are all in the flight path:(, i lived in egham for 5 years:d

Farnborough/mytchett/ash vale ect is nice and cheap and they are ploughing lots of money into the area at the mo and London is about 40mins on the train and i drive in everyday and it takes about 45 mins to an hour.